• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
C'mon, it's only 62 pages so far.

Have these stats been raised yet?

Wallabies since Cooper made his debut (Nov 08)
Cooper playing: P38, W26 (68%)
Not Playing: P17, W6 (35%)

vs All Blacks
Cooper playing: P6, W2 (33%)
Not Playing: P7, W0 (0%)

vs Boks
Cooper playing: P9, W7 (78%)
Not Playing: P2, W0 (0%)

Queensland Reds: 2012
Cooper Playing: P5, W5 (100%)
Not playing: P12, W6 (50%)

Winning record of Wallaby 10's (min 20 games played at 10 only)
MP (Moana Pasifika) Lynagh 70.76%
SJ Larkham 70.34%
QS Cooper 68.42%
EJ (Eddie Jones) Flatley 66.07%
MG Ella 54.00%
MJ Giteau 48.91%
PF Hawthorne 40.47%

Wow.

J

Jiggles

Are 2 dead rubber wins gonna change opinion, this is the question?

Everyone was pretty stoked when we won in 2010 'kicking the monkey into hong kong harbour' and in 2011 when we won the tri-nations.

Personally I was pretty annoyed with the structural play of the forwards throughout those periods including the those two wins. However if you criticize a win you get deemed a negative nelly.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The stats would come down to coopers opinion anyway. It's one thing to win, but the main things is, during those wins was cooper allowed to play the rugby he wants to and afterwords did the dressing room feel like a win & a family.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
What I don't understand is why JON isn't working harder to recruit SBW to the reds so Cooper can be with his soul mate. Imagine the twitter prose that would ensue.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
What I don't understand is why JON isn't working harder to recruit SBW to the reds so Cooper can be with his soul mate. Imagine the twitter prose that would ensue.

Last time I heard, a Reds (only) contract would equate to chump change to SBW... :)

J

Jiggles

The stats would come down to coopers opinion anyway. It's one thing to win, but the main things is, during those wins was cooper allowed to play the rugby he wants to and afterwords did the dressing room feel like a win & a family.

Well clealry they did play a brand* that he enjoyed. Robbie drasticly changed tact at the start of the RWC for what ever reason.

I am no fan of the 'headless chook wait for wunderkid to do something amazing' style we played in 2010-2011 pre world cup, but it probably suited what we had more than the 2009 Bok-Lite approach of the 2011 RWC and this year.

The 'Chook' Style, as I will now call it, could of been refined with better tactical coaching of the forwards, including breakdown technique. This is what we lacked. A little more structure with regards to how phases were developed, and where on the pitch we wanted to play, was what was needed. Playing '2009 Bok-Lite' just flat out does not suit us. We are piss poor tactical kickers, and we don't have lumbering physical go slow forwards who enjoy a stogy shit fight.

*I hate that word being associated with anything rugby, but whatever.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)

vs All Blacks

vs Boks

SJ Larkham 70.34%
QS Cooper 68.42%
MG Ella 54.00%
MJ Giteau 48.91%
PF Hawthorne 40.47%

They are some interesting stats all right (they look vaguely similar to some stats I saw somewhere else ;)). I'm no statistician and I won't claim to make any definite comments, but I do wonder if there is enough data to make them statistically significant?

Probably the one that is the most compelling looks to be the overall wallaby record. However he has missed an awful lot of games against the AB's (more than he has played in fact) against whom the Wallabies have an awful record, even with him playing. On the other hand he has missed relatively few games against the Boks, against which the Wallabies have a very good record. It seems to me that part of the explanation might be that he has had the very good fortune to play a lot more against the Boks than the AB's.

I wonder that if someone was to take a closer look at the games played v games missed, there might be a few more anomalies that serve to over-inflate Quade's importance.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
They are some interesting stats all right (they look vaguely similar to some stats I saw somewhere else ;)). I'm no statistician and I won't claim to make any definite comments, but I do wonder if there is enough data to make them statistically significant?

Probably the one that is the most compelling looks to be the overall wallaby record. However he has missed an awful lot of games against the AB's (more than he has played in fact) against whom the Wallabies have an awful record, even with him playing. On the other hand he has missed relatively few games against the Boks, against which the Wallabies have a very good record. It seems to me that part of the explanation might be that he has had the very good fortune to play a lot more against the Boks than the AB's.

I wonder that if someone was to take a closer look at the games played v games missed, there might be a few more anomalies that serve to over-inflate Quade's importance.

Damo it's only 3 games the difference between Boks and ABs. That's hardly "a lot more"

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Damo it's only 3 games the difference between Boks and ABs. That's hardly "a lot more"

True, but when you take into account that he missed 7 games v AB's compared to only 2 v SA.

Anyway, I'm not going to defend any position too strongly, just throwing out an idea or two.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

vs All Blacks

vs Boks

SJ Larkham 70.34%
QS Cooper 68.42%
MG Ella 54.00%
MJ Giteau 48.91%
PF Hawthorne 40.47%

During his Wallaby career he has had 4 captains and they have had the following win percentage with him as 10 in their team:

Elsom 11 wins from 16 games (69%)
Genia 2 wins from 3 games (67%)
Horwill 5 wins from 7 games (71%)
Sharpe 1 win from 1 game (100%)

Therefore Sharpie should always be his captain ;)

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
..and pre Cooper (1909-2010) we had a 59% winning percentage against England. Since Cooper took the 10 jersey our winning ratio is 33%

[edit] actually don't trust my stats I was using ESPNscrum.

[edit again] sorry ESPNscrum, you were right.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
They are some interesting stats all right (they look vaguely similar to some stats I saw somewhere else ;)).
Yeah all due credit to Jays Myth over at PR. Thought it might kick this thread along.:D

Actually he had QC (Quade Cooper)'s percentage playing at FH as 70.37 %, not 68.42 %.

Played 27, won 19, would suggest he is right.

T

TOCC

vs All Blacks

vs Boks

SJ Larkham 70.34%
QS Cooper 68.42%
MG Ella 54.00%
MJ Giteau 48.91%
PF Hawthorne 40.47%

Wow...
Maybe he isn't as worthless to the team as some would suggest

Over the past 2 season at the Reds, Quade has a 85% winning ratio

T

TOCC

..and pre Cooper (1909-2010) we had a 59% winning percentage against England. Since Cooper took the 10 jersey our winning ratio is 33%

[edit] actually don't trust my stats I was using ESPNscrum.

The Wallabies win ratio pre-Cooper was 53%(7 from 13), with Quade it has been 50%(2 from 4)...

Lyall

Allen Oxlade (6)
What's that other stat that goes something like:

Over 40% of all serious injuries/crashes in vehicles involve drink driving,
so it's safer to drive drunk???

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Wow.
Maybe he isn't as worthless to the team as some would suggest

Over the past 2 season at the Reds, Quade has a 85% winning ratio
Lies,Damn lies and statistics.
Reds had 100% record with QC (Quade Cooper) this year.But who did they play when he was on the field?
Lions,Rebels,Tahs,Highlanders & Brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.