• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Also, Quade comes to the realisation that acting like a dick has tarnished his reputation and that is worth far more than dollars so he drops Khoder Nasser as his manager and turns into an all round good bloke.

Its only September but I'm putting you in the semis with waratah jesus for optimist of the year

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Quade has learned no humility.

Great players learn from their mistakes and look at themselves first.

Quade goes on twitter and sticks the knife into the coach and ARU.

He has no class.

Reds supporters - take your blinders off.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Your missing the point, his form is only a small part of it.
It's all the shit that he brings with it.
And as you say, his form was hardly stellar.
If he was in career best form, many would ignore all of his indiscretions.Now that he is flat out being selected, there is no tolerance for any of his bullshit.

What indiscretions are we talking about here? Are you going to harp back to the laptop affair? and I don't call a couple of tweets on Saturday a indiscretion, I call it frustration with the bullshit that is the ARU and Deans.
And the BS that came up in an earlier post about disrespecting Mccaw well I say good no Cooper for giving it to him, and so have a few South Africans look at their last match.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Your missing the point, his form is only a small part of it.
It's all the shit that he brings with it.
And as you say, his form was hardly stellar.
If he was in career best form, many would ignore all of his indiscretions.Now that he is flat out being selected, there is no tolerance for any of his bullshit.

No I didn't miss the point. It's plainly obvious that a number of people on this thread have taken issue with "all the shit that he brings". That is a separate issue to the point that I was trying to make.

My point was simply that letting him go on the basis that we have replacements in Lilo, JOC (James O'Connor), Barnes and Beale is severely flawed reasoning. That's all.

But you say it is more than form, but then argue that if his form was career best then most would prob be ok with all of this. I don't think so. I think there are a lot of people who simply don't like the guy, through a perception of him being "arrogant", "petulant" etc. and that it wouldn't matter what he did.

We have this idea these days that we really 'know' famous sports people due to them being so accesible through twitter etc. We don't know shit, and anyone that claims to do, without having spent some serious time with that person is full of it. Yet we make all sorts of value judgements about the person based on any number ridiculous incidents. I mean, one reason QC (Quade Cooper) has been called arrogant is because he dropped a ball in a test match. Laughable. We know what the papers tell us to know.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
100% of the blame for this complete and utter mess lies with the ARU, Robbie Deans, the Manager of the Wallabies and any other senior figures responsible for our elite squad. We are seriously lacking leadership/mentorship.

John O'Neill is a complete disgrace. When was the last time he stood up for rugby publicly?? Seriously? Where the hell is this bloke?? Just a simple 'grab' that is honest and forthcoming about rugby in Australia. Where we are and where we are heading???

Robbie Deans had absolutely no balls whatsoever and is happy to talk round and round in circles. Which might work when you can sit back and let a pack of some of the worlds greatest players run the show a la the Crusaders. He is not a genuine leaders arsehole.

The young players doing what they want, tweeting as they wish etc etc is a complete reflection of the total fuck up that is the ARU et all involved with running the Wallabies.

If things were being run properly 1. We wouldn't have seen the situation that occurred this week transpire and 2. If anything like this even looked like it was starting to fester a pack of REAL leaders and mentors would have stepped up to the plate to steer the ship back on course.

The bucks stops with Deans, O'Neill and the Wallabies Manager. All of them have failed in their duties miserably.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

He has no class.

Have you ever met Quade? If not, you nothing of the guy. All I know about you, is what you type on here. So is it ok for me to make a judgement about your morals and values? Or the amount of class or humility you have?

Kiwi's - take your blinkers off.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What indiscretions are we talking about here? Are you going to harp back to the laptop affair? and I don't call a couple of tweets on Saturday a indiscretion, I call it frustration with the bullshit that is the ARU and the useless fuckwit Deans.
There's the difference, I actually think it is more serious than that,but we can agree to disagree on this.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

He has no class.

I thought it was blinkers? Your argument is the same as the one persons freedom fighter is another persons terrorist depending on the side you view the conflict from.

A

AlexH

Just to clear something up, the earthquake happened on 22 Feb 2011, just days after round 1. Round 2 was forfeited. So a "slow start" after one game?? A game we lost by 2 points to the Blues in Auckland. I guess we dragged our feet for one game. But hey I'll let you spin however you want. You seem to be good at that.

Sorry, I got my facts mixed up.

But I was spot on when I said excuses count for nothing.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
What indiscretions are we talking about here? Are you going to harp back to the laptop affair? and I don't call a couple of tweets on Saturday a indiscretion, I call it frustration with the bullshit that is the ARU and Deans.
And the BS that came up in an earlier post about disrespecting Mccaw well I say good no Cooper for giving it to him, and so have a few South Africans look at their last match.

Maybe we are talking about Quade, Diggers and Beale getting bogged - sorry - having a minor traffic accident indiscretion?

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yes I did hear about that, will no doubt find out the truth from my lad when he next see Quade.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Snip

So Quade, don't go, we love watching you play, even if sometimes things don't come off like you want you still play the australian way, you have a crack.

I snipped most of this quote off for space reasons but Swat that it pretty close to the post I was going to put up. I agree with you.

However, I won't be asking Quade not to go. If he goes he goes. I don't want to seem desperate either just before potentially being dumped, or after, trying to maintain some dignity here - stiff upper lip & all ;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
100% of the blame for this complete and utter mess lies with the ARU, Robbie Deans, the Manager of the Wallabies and any other senior figures responsible for our elite squad. We are seriously lacking leadership/mentorship.

John O'Neill is a complete disgrace. When was the last time he stood up for rugby publicly?? Seriously? Where the hell is this bloke?? Just a simple 'grab' that is honest and forthcoming about rugby in Australia. Where we are and where we are heading???

Robbie Deans had absolutely no balls whatsoever and is happy to talk round and round in circles. Which might work when you can sit back and let a pack of some of the worlds greatest players run the show a la the Crusaders. He is not a genuine leaders arsehole.

The young players doing what they want, tweeting as they wish etc etc is a complete reflection of the total fuck up that is the ARU et all involved with running the Wallabies.

If things were being run properly 1. We wouldn't have seen the situation that occurred this week transpire and 2. If anything like this even looked like it was starting to fester a pack of REAL leaders and mentors would have stepped up to the plate to steer the ship back on course.

The bucks stops with Deans, O'Neill and the Wallabies Manager. All of them have failed in their duties miserably.

So Saint Quade is totally blameless ... ... ....

I really wish some people would accepted the concept of personnel responsibility.

saderista

Bob McCowan (2)
Cooper is as gutless off the field as he is on it.

Piss him off to league where he belongs, there are better 10s in Aus than this flaky goose.

I am actually trying to remember the last decent game he played as a Wallaby, anyone?

Oh hang on, it was against heavyweights the US of A at the WC, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom