• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quarter Final - Brumbies vs Highlanders, 22 July 2016 @ 6:00pm

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Depends which Brumbies team turns up.

If it is the rabble from the force game, the Clan will win by 36.

If Poey is available, and the Ponies play to their potential, then magic may happen.

G

galumay

Highlanders by a cricket score, Bush Donkeys have not shown anything this season to suggest they could match it with the 'Landers.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think the Brumbies might well stifle the Highlanders to a point, but the Highlanders will still score points, and my concern will be whether the Brumbies can score more. I think it will be much closer than some are predicting here, but currently it's hard to see the Brumbies getting up. I won't be overly surprised if they do.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Brumbies wins against teams above them this year so far......... 1/5

[Apu voice] Thank you, come again.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Brumbies have not won a game against a tough team since mid-April. They have beaten only the Bulls, Rebels, Sunwolves, Reds and Force since their win over the Waratahs. To get a win in the quarter final will require a form reversal of techtonic proportions.

You'd think the bookies will have them at at least $4.00.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think the Brumbies might well stifle the Highlanders to a point, but the Highlanders will still score points, and my concern will be whether the Brumbies can score more. I think it will be much closer than some are predicting here, but currently it's hard to see the Brumbies getting up. I won't be overly surprised if they do.

The ponies approach of kicking away a load a ball will ensure the landers have a shed load of turnover ball

Unless the "stifling" includes sitting school kids around the whole field with the sole goal of touching any ball that is kicked out, the landers will play on continually at a tempo the ponies simply can't match for the 80 minutes

The ponies should also remark out the sidelines as tight as they can to limit the fields width

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
The Brumbies have not won a game against a tough team since mid-April. They have beaten only the Bulls, Rebels, Sunwolves, Reds and Force since their win over the Waratahs. To get a win in the quarter final will require a form reversal of techtonic proportions.

You'd think the bookies will have them at at least $4.00.

A bit optimistic classifying the tahs as a 'tough team'. I agree the Brumbies recent form against NZ sides in particular is pretty bleak. Will need something special on Friday night!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
While I obviously hoping the Clan to win, and think they would start as favourites we have got to stage where what has happened before goes out window and winner stays in comp, so Brumbies may fire up a bit.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
There's only one team above them on the Australasian ladder - The Hurricanes....

So it's actually 1/1.

:cool:

I can confirm that the Brumbies have never lost to a team in the NBA summer league making them clear favourites to win the NBA summer league this year.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm going to say it again: "The Aussie teams can not beat the Kiwis teams this season" The only ones who can touch the face of a Kiwis side ATM are the Tahs, who were competitive vs Blues at Eden Park and beat Chiefs at Moore Park recently.

Landers by 20

Status
Not open for further replies.