• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Country vs Melbourne Rising, Rd 1 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Meat Pie for Dom Shipperley.

Rising 39 Country 31 after Jack D misses conversion from the sideline. 9 minutes to go.

Captain Tuttle off for Scott Gale (country).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 NRC Rising v Country Full time.jpg

The first official defence of the Horan-Little Shield was successful.

Melbourne Rising remain in possession of the Horan-Little (G&GR [Pfitzy's]) Shield.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Got away with that one.

Debreczeni needs to nail his kicks, missed 4 I think.

Need a bit more power in the pack, hopefully Timani, Jeffries and a start for Jones will help that.

I'd also switch English into Outside Center and play Ili or Marsters on the wing.

All up, great game to watch.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
jeez i thought the 19 for country when he came on made an impact. fairly decent game to watch, end to end stuff! QLD C set piece is strong and the rising's breakdown work was excellent.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yeah, Highlander i agree. Thought Lloyd J played very well, i think either Tuipolotu or English to OC and another winger. Despite all the work done the teamwork did appear a bit disjointed, a few too many pushed passes etc

the scrum (front row ?) needs a lot of work.

nevertheless a win is a win

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Super players in general stood up.

Fatty Johansen was excellent, as were both QC (Quade Cooper) props. Jones was brilliant when he came on, and Samo was good for the first 30 minutes of the first, and first 25 of the 2nd. Greene controled the game very well for QC (Quade Cooper). Jordy Reid was the standout backrower.

Not as high quality as Thursday, but having not seen the Eagles v Rams, it's probably the best of the rest.

Country scrum was outstanding, and laid an excellent platform for tne backs, but the triple openside strategy, combined with the pace and width provided by Meehan and JD won the game for the Rising.

Does anyone else think I missed anything?

T

TOCC

Queensland Country were outstanding compared to some of their performances last year..

Inside cente for QLD Country as the young Easts Winger were the surprise packet in the backline and the front-row were quite outstanding in their scrum demolition of Rising..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Super players in general stood up.

Fatty Johansen was excellent, as were both QC (Quade Cooper) props. Jones was brilliant when he came on, and Samo was good for the first 30 minutes of the first, and first 25 of the 2nd. Greene controled the game very well for QC (Quade Cooper). Jordy Reid was the standout backrower.

Not as high quality as Thursday, but having not seen the Eagles v Rams, it's probably the best of the rest.

Country scrum was outstanding, and laid an excellent platform for tne backs, but the triple openside strategy, combined with the pace and width provided by Meehan and JD won the game for the Rising.

Does anyone else think I missed anything?

I'd say the Rams/Eagles game was fairly comparable with this one.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Jones was pretty clearly on another level to everyone else out there, which makes sense, but he was still sloppy. Needs to tighten up. I like him out wide though, he's going to do damage out there.

Meehan is lot like Phipps. He's quick and buzzy and occasionally throws a shocker. Stirzacker is badly missed from last year.

The scrum is miles off what it was last year, but given Smith, PAE, Cruze Ah-Nau, and Timani were all missing it's probably not a huge surprise.

Thought the Country centres were good, as was Fa'agase - although he'll need to bulk up to play Soup you'd think. Greene looks a tidy player, nothing too special but very competent.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah Jones made good meters after contact in every single run.

T

Train Without a Station

Not to be too harsh but if Mitchell's runaway try was any slower he'd have been running backwards. Copped an absolute bagging from all my team mates saying they thought I was the slowest 7 they'd ever seen until that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.