• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Junior Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What I don't understand is the BJRU apparently are flush with cash. They are paying for all Under 6 - Under 10 jerseys. How about they cover the $200 per team fee for all junior.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
What I don't understand is the BJRU apparently are flush with cash. They are paying for all Under 6 - Under 10 jerseys. How about they cover the $200 per team fee for all junior.

Are you able to explain the interactions (financially and practically) between the BJRU, QRU and ARU? And where does the BJRU get the money to be strapped with cash where the other two entities are metaphorically tin-rattling outside Central Station?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If I could find some financial reports for the BJRU I might be able to understand it. Apparently they don't feel inclined to include them in their annual reports.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's because the bjru pay affiliation fees right? A portion of every Jnr rego in Briso goes to the bjru. Neither the qru or ARU get rego fees from teams participating in their comps.

Eggsie

Stan Wickham (3)
So the BJRU , who organise the junior comps for all the grassroots players in their region , get money to do so. And the ARU, who will only ever have anything to do with less than 1 percent of those players just should? Just trying to understand the logic here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eggsie

Stan Wickham (3)
With regards to the tin rattling and membership fees...what happened to the gate takings , membership sales , merchandise, sponsorship and television rights monies?

Eggsie

Stan Wickham (3)
And I think you will find that the kit being provided to the junior juniors is being provided either for free or a discount by the vendor

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
And I think you will find that the kit being provided to the junior juniors is being provided either for free or a discount by the vendor

I think there is a discount as they are ordering a large number. Nothing in the world is free.

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
Enough about the money side of things, lets get into some rugby chat, what teams will be the movers and shakers this year from say U13 and up and do we know of any teams that will struggle to put a div 1 team on the paddock

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm also interested to know if anyone has any boys heading to Armidale for TAS Rugby Carnival at the The Armidale School in April. 50 schools and clubs from around Australia playing over 2 days. (Age: 12 years and under at the time of the Carnival). Should be a great weekend.

Waradog

Stan Wickham (3)
Heard a disturbing rumour, from a senior source that I trust, that the BJRU will not be fielding U15 or U17 teams for the 2014 State Titles.

Seems almost negligent to have these age groups currently competing in the ARU Gold Cup and the to remove a chance for them to show their wares in front of a bigger and wider audience.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Heard a disturbing rumour, from a senior source that I trust, that the BJRU will not be fielding U15 or U17 teams for the 2014 State Titles.

Given that the State Championships are on the Gold Coast this year (TSS), and the Gold Coast has advertised for Coach/Manager positions for all age groups except 15's and 17s, I'd say it is more likely that JGC has replaced the state championships for those age groups ?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think the plan is that the Junior Gold Cup will become the pathway for players in these age groups. Also it makes no sense to have players pay twice for basically the same thing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So I think I posted elsewhere (may be on the positives about Aust Rugby thread) that my under 9 team has 5 new players in the team, all new to rugby.

Well let me tell you about one of them. He turned up the first training just your typical soccer boy. He's Brazilian, slight, wearing soccer jersey and the long shorts.

We end up playing a bit of touch and he is very nimble on his feet. Promising.

We do a bit of tackling and clearing out last Friday night and he is willing.

Anyway, first game yesterday morning and he comes out and tackles EVERYTHING that moves, scores 3 tries, and just loves the action in the rucks/mauls. Got roughed up a bit but just kept on getting up, never complained.

His old man said that he would watch him play soccer and just knew he needed something more, and brought him down. His mum is a little worried about the physicality but I don't think it worries the boy in the slightest. He blew us all away.

Bring on the rest of the season.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
So Chris Roche has been re-incarnated and is alive and well. That's great .... Just what Queensland needs. Can't wait for QLD v NSW in 2020!!!

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Is it just me, or does it appear as though there is a very big decrease in the number of teams in the BJRU comp age groups from u13 and up.

I know it is only trials at the moment, but the number of teams trialling are far fewer.

I can understand the u15's being down because of ARU Gold commitments, but u13 and u14 should be firing.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
If you want to test your side send them to The Armidale School rugby tournament in April 2014. It is open to Primary School/Club Teams aged 11 or 12 years old at the time of the carnival. Over 1,000 kids and 48 teams with teams from all over NSW and Qld. It is open to both club and school teams, with some very strong club teams out of Sydney although the last 3 winning teams have come from Padua, TSS and Churchie. This is possibly the best run school boy carnival I have ever attended. Be warned if you want to go book accommodation now.
TAS Rugby Carnival 2014
Followed up on your advice and how right you are. We were very lucky enough to get a call up 8 weeks out from the event due to a team dropping out. We had some crazy last minute organisation to do but was able to pull a team together, have a few training runs, find accommodation and hire a bus.

I highly recommend this Carnival to all teams/school in this age group. It was brilliantly run and the spirit of the event was sensational.

Couple of changes; the age group is now open to u12s and u13's as you need to be aged 11 or 12 as at the 1st of January. Boys under this age need to complete a form of some sort.

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any upsets for round one through the age groups, will brothers 16's be as strong as they have been in previous years and what about the Albany Creek 15s will they be strong again this year, I beleive the Sunnybank 14s didnt lose a game last year until the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.