• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland U16 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fourgreatkids

players like Adam Korczyk( lock ) and Dylan Matthews( backrow/lock) have been playing firsts this year and are both well worth a spot.

i just thought the 2 second rowers there are the form players, right now both play firsts and have a good mixture of attack and defence

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
the only AIC player in contention is Brad Wilkin ( IONA ) made queensland as an u15 and is up there with the best flankers in his age group

Garrath Ryan from Padua is playing the house down at prop, big ball runner and makes metres with every touch

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
[H="the only AIC player in contention is Brad Wilkin ( IONA ) made queensland as an u15 and is up there with the best flankers in his age group"][/H]
in aic padua have a few boys who would contest for the teams so does iona(apart from brad wilkin and eddies

F

fourgreatkids

should definately replace gilbert ... gilbert is in BGS first because of lack of depth not actual skill

hes been in the firsts since the start, so surely not a lack of depth, has played every game there and is playing at blindside as well. averages of 30 involvements a game sure not as impact but does the shitters. something that does not get as recognized these days is the shitters. also calls lineouts for BGS. big responsiblity for someone filling in the numbers

otoolej11

Bob McCowan (2)
Xavier Bell used to think he was one of the better flankers but lack of dedication and poor discipline has really lead to him not preforming as well as he used too

I played xave bell last night and without sounding up myself, i knocked him clean out, he was down for several minutes but eventually got back up and ran it even harder and was definitely one of their better players so to anyone who watched yesterdays game at suncorp, you cant question his dedication

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
harry baker is no longer at NC and you are forgetting player player from BSHS, they are equal top of the table and you have one player in there
players like Adam Korczyk( lock ) and Dylan Matthews( backrow/lock) have been playing firsts this year and are both well worth a spot. also Joshua l'hota and liam dunne been on fire for state high in the centres this year also should be had a look at

and digger macmillain ... are you serioius. he is way to small if he was bigger yes ... but at the moment no

Give us your team Pheonix?

R

Rugby56

I played xave bell last night and without sounding up myself, i knocked him clean out, he was down for several minutes but eventually got back up and ran it even harder and was definitely one of their better players so to anyone who watched yesterdays game at suncorp, you cant question his dedication

You Padua boys seem to be good at knocking people clean out ;). Congrats on the win mate.

T

Thomas

yeah preen has been playing alright this year but no where as well as Korczyk ( BSHS ), should definately replace gilbert ... gilbert is in BGS first because of lack of depth not actual skill

Gilbert is still a decent player but Jack Cornelson is having a brilliant season and to over look him is a massive mistake and a waste of talent.

C

crows1

i was lucky enough to watch the bgs vs acgs game on saturday and was quite impressed with a few of the underage players. From my understanding the 6 and 14 from churchie are under 16s and both played well however 14 seemed a bit exposable under the high ball. I also believe the 6, 8 and 11 from bgs are under 16. 6 and 8 worked very hard all day and 11 seemed to have the better of his winger from limited attacking opportunities.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
i was lucky enough to watch the bgs vs acgs game on saturday and was quite impressed with a few of the underage players. From my understanding the 6 and 14 from churchie are under 16s and both played well however 14 seemed a bit exposable under the high ball. I also believe the 6, 8 and 11 from bgs are under 16. 6 and 8 worked very hard all day and 11 seemed to have the better of his winger from limited attacking opportunities.

Monty Ioane #11 for Churchie is one of the favourites for GPS 1, #14 is Van Heteran Swemmer. #6 ACGS was either Michael Gunn or Digger MacMillan. #8 BGS is Gilbert from what i have gathered, #8 would have been a replacement for Levi Aumua (Year 12), don't expect the kid to get much more first XV time as Levi returns this weekend. Didn't make the game so dont who played where, but theres some names

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
1. Dan Anae(NC)
2. Rob Lawless (BBC)
3. Aaron Pleash (IGS)
4. Dan Preen (IGS)
5. Adam Korczyk (BSHS)
6. Henry Fitzgerald (NC)
7. Brad Wilkin (IONA)
8. Latham Takau (IGS)
9. Jack Martin (BSHS)
10. James Dagleish(GT)
11. Will Shipperly(NC)
12. Jack Tuttle (NC)
13. Josh l'hota (BSHS)
14. Alex West(ACGS)
15. Thomas Given(GT)
16. Benroy Sala(BSHS)
17. Alistair Harper (BGS)
18. Sebastain Geourgio( ACGS)
19. Dylan Matthews (BSHS)
20. Mitch Third ( TSS)
21. Reid Foran (NC)
22. Logan Tibbets ( BSHS)

shadow: Marcus Betram ( BBC), Liam Dunne ( BSHS) Michael Gilbert ( BGS) Dimitri Loukaras (BSHS) Digger Macmillan ( ACGS ) Angus McClanahan(ACGS)

people out through injury who may have been in the team are

Dylan Sikimeti ( NC) have heard he has done his knee or ankle -out for season
Lakehm Aiono ( BGS) broken ankle and foot - out for season
Connor Mulheron (IGS ) has had a bad shoulder all year

Interesting, my only questions are how does Sebastian Georgiou get selected over MacMillan(ACGS) or Gunn (ACGS), MacMillan started against NC and has been preferred over Georgiou all season by those in charge at churchie, Gunn started against TSS but was knocked out in the first half.. who was his replacement you ask? Georgiou.

C

crows1

Monty Ioane #11 for Churchie is one of the favourites for GPS 1, #14 is Van Heteran Swemmer. #6 ACGS was either Michael Gunn or Digger MacMillan. #8 BGS is Gilbert from what i have gathered, #8 would have been a replacement for Levi Aumua (Year 12), don't expect the kid to get much more first XV time as Levi returns this weekend. Didn't make the game so dont who played where, but theres some names

Thank you light. It seemed to me that Ioane was running the drinks that day so I'm guessing he was injured but he is definitely a contender for the 16's team along with the BGS 11 who could surprise a few but his name remains unknown to me. 14 seemed to have blonde hair so I think Van Heteren Swemmer was playing 11 but like Cornelsen from BGS I believe he is too old. To me it looked like Gilbert was playing 6 where he played against IGS so he will probably retain his spot in the team and rightfully so worked very hard against bigger bodies

T

Thomas

Cornelson isn't too old and Gilbert was playing 6 for BGS against ACGS and the No. 8 was Andrew Saunders

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thank you light. It seemed to me that Ioane was running the drinks that day so I'm guessing he was injured but he is definitely a contender for the 16's team along with the BGS 11 who could surprise a few but his name remains unknown to me. 14 seemed to have blonde hair so I think Van Heteren Swemmer was playing 11 but like Cornelsen from BGS I believe he is too old. To me it looked like Gilbert was playing 6 where he played against IGS so he will probably retain his spot in the team and rightfully so worked very hard against bigger bodies

14 with blonde hair, sounds to me like Alex West. Saw him run on the field for Ioane against TSS a few weeks back. Apparently he's a favourite for Qld 16s too. I'm not that up to date but if Ioane is playing run on for ACGS and West is his replacement, how does West get chosen in Qld U16 over him? odd.

R

Rubboo

With the decision involving Seb Georgiou and Digger MacMillan they're both great players, Digger is a very skilled openside and his in the same range as Iona's Brad Wilkin. Seb is a great ball runner and ruck enforcer with his more favoured positions at 4, 5, 6, or 8. It just the choice of great ball-winner or a great territory and running player.

H

hurge

Dom paranthoine from TSS, in year 12, but is eligible for u 16, he's been in the TSS firsts all year, wouldn't be sup rising to see him up in the centers or wing.

R

Rubboo

Another player who you cant forget is Patrick Fortequr from Bshs. Brpke his leg in 2009 and his game has improved tremendously. He's bench for the 1sts and is a real feel good story to hear.

Cowgirl on the bean bags ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.