• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland U16 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheMan45

The lauries halfback by the name of Damon Bingham is playing very well this season. His precise box kicking, accurate passes and ability to make something out of nothing should get him into the team. I have been told that he suffered injury earlier this season and has only recently come back. So not many people would of seen but i assure you if you watch this kid play you will see just why he is regarded as possibley the best under16's Aic Halfback. I know i certainly regard him as the best Under16 halfback throughout all of the competitions

R

Rubboo

On the release of the GPS teams today, is it set that Dan Preen, Jack Tuttle, Aaron Pleash, William Shipperly, and Monty Ioane are already in the 16 team?(If they all remain injury-free)

A

aicyeeyee

At under16's in my opinion AIC is just as good as GPS.
Brad Wilkin should also have more mention and would be the best competitor for the number 7 jersey.

Q

QLDrugby

The lauries halfback by the name of Damon Bingham is playing very well this season. His precise box kicking, accurate passes and ability to make something out of nothing should get him into the team. I have been told that he suffered injury earlier this season and has only recently come back. So not many people would of seen but i assure you if you watch this kid play you will see just why he is regarded as possibley the best under16's Aic Halfback. I know i certainly regard him as the best Under16 halfback throughout all of the competitions
I had watched St Laurences last year at the Met East trials and the games played. He was lacking in some compartments but since ive heard he has lifted the quality of his game to be able to compete for scrumhalf. There is much competition for the scrumhalf position. my picks would be Jack Martin, Michael Siaki, Damon Bingham, NC scrumhalf not sure of his name.

C

crutchbind

Cameron Knox for halfback, came from WA and has had significant impact for MCA 16 A's

What a superstar should be a certainty. Also i dont no how terrace could get a look in and aic boys not. i wouldnt be surprised if half the aic teams could beat terrace firsts not to mention there 16 a's

W

wildcats123

What a superstar should be a certainty. Also i dont no how terrace could get a look in and aic boys not. i wouldnt be surprised if half the aic teams could beat terrace firsts not to mention there 16 a's

I agree aic have good players, i think some stand outs are the 9, 10 and 15 from marist 16 a's, the hooker in the eddies 1stxv and second row in the 16 a's and the blind side flanker from padua and the open side from iona, the number 8 from the lauries 1stxv is also good. should all get a look in.

Q

QLDrugby

I agree aic have good players, i think some stand outs are the 9, 10 and 15 from marist 16 a's, the hooker in the eddies 1stxv and second row in the 16 a's and the blind side flanker from padua and the open side from iona, the number 8 from the lauries 1stxv is also good. should all get a look in.

I definitely agree with your comment on the 15 from marist, sure to get a look in alongside with Tom Given for the 15 jersey. The scrumhalf for marist will have alot of competition with the Lauries scrumhalf Damon Bingham. Also agree on the Iona Flanker Brad Wilkin and Lauries No.8 Xavier Bell.

W

wildcats123

I definitely agree with your comment on the 15 from marist, sure to get a look in alongside with Tom Given for the 15 jersey. The scrumhalf for marist will have alot of competition with the Lauries scrumhalf Damon Bingham. Also agree on the Iona Flanker Brad Wilkin and Lauries No.8 Xavier Bell.

Have you watched marist play? if so what do you think about their ten, also i believe their 9 is better then the lauries one, what about padua players?

Q

QLDrugby

Have you watched marist play? if so what do you think about their ten, also i believe their 9 is better then the lauries one, what about padua players?

I had the chance to watch the match between St Laurences and Ashgrove and yes the ten for marist is skilled but has alot of competition of the likes of the Terrace ten. The 9 for lauries was out with an injury for the season if my memory serves me correctly which i understand is hard to compare with the marist scrumhalf. Padua i dont know much about but i have heard of their No.8 from last year that has been playing Firsts for padua this year.

P

poostyene

I had the chance to watch the match between St Laurences and Ashgrove and yes the ten for marist is skilled but has alot of competition of the likes of the Terrace ten. The 9 for lauries was out with an injury for the season if my memory serves me correctly which i understand is hard to compare with the marist scrumhalf. Padua i dont know much about but i have heard of their No.8 from last year that has been playing Firsts for padua this year.

I agree. The 15 from Ashgrove is outstanding and the ten is the first genunine ten I have seen all season. Top players, should be picked in QLD 1

F

fourgreatkids

i am sorry but i want to use the Grammar trials as an example. They were able to beat Villanova nad just lose to Iona and Bgs are currently being dominated by GPS schoools, thus showing GPS a tougher compition. i am not doubting there are some qulality in the AIC but they are not on whole towards GPS

Q

QLDrugby

i am sorry but i want to use the Grammar trials as an example. They were able to beat Villanova nad just lose to Iona and Bgs are currently being dominated by GPS schoools, thus showing GPS a tougher compition. i am not doubting there are some qulality in the AIC but they are not on whole towards GPS

I agree the standard of rugby in GPS is tougher due to the focus of co-ordination within the rugby development of the GPS schools. And also agreed on that there are plenty of quality players in AIC but just not as a whole.

T

truckitup

I agree. The 15 from Ashgrove is outstanding and the ten is the first genunine ten I have seen all season. Top players, should be picked in QLD 1

there 9 should get a look aswell. Has improved his game dramatically and gives good direction on the field.
Just goes to show the impact of these 3 players as marist has only conceded 3 tries this season

Q

QLDrugby

So the process is that selectors choose roughly 100 boys the Tuesday after the last round of the GPS rugby calendar. Then Trials commence after that? correct me if im wrong.

C

churr

TSS have several players in contention them being:

Sam Clifton (1,3)
Mitch Thirdd (10,15)
Charley Chapman (12)
Cato Perrin (6,7)
Dave Henaway (4,5,6,8)
Brock Anderson (13,11,14)
Adam Gauder (11,14,15)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Welcome to the thread churr, very good post. I'm glad to see we finally have input from the coast, getting a bit bored of this brisbane stuff. Heard of Mitch Thirdd, which are playing 1st XV? I assume Clifton isn't due to Paraka and Wakely, or Perrin and Henaway due to Vasiliades/Fattal combination.

C

churr

I would be suprised if Clifton doesn't make 1 of the 2 teams as he is very strong, mobile, a great defender and a good ball runner. Thirdd is a very classy 10 but i believe he is more suited to 15. Chapman is very agressive and a brilliant defender. Perrin is a very strong ball runner and a good jackler. Henaway is a big strong lad and is a superb ball runner who breaks the line often and good in defence and Gauder and Anderson are both very quick and skillful wingers. All these player would surely have to be in contention for one of the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.