• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland U16 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Daniel Preen was GPS 1 and yet is in team white, Jack Tuttle was selected GPS 1 and is in team red. Is the idea to make the teams even or is one meant to be stronger than the other (i.e QLD I and II)?

M

motherof3

What do you mean?

White looks sharp... maybe they repeat last year & also beat NSW 1
All you 15s for next year... turn up first trial, stay injuryed or just turn up for 1 trail and you'll proabay get selected... what a joke...

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

What he means is that eight of the selected players were either not selected in initial round or were cut in another round and then reinstated. Of those eight, I see that four are from Nudgee College.

M

motherof3

Congratulations to all the boys selected! Whether you are in the white team or the red team, whether you play GPS schoolboys or other schoolboys, whether you are 15 or 16, you now play for QUEENSLAND! So best of luck and I hope everyone will be giving you their whole hearted support!!!

H

have a go

Congratulations to all the boys selected! Whether you are in the white team or the red team, whether you play GPS schoolboys or other schoolboys, whether you are 15 or 16, you now play for QUEENLAND! So best of luck and I hope everyone will be giving you their whole hearted support!!!

Well said motherof3 ,as much as a lot of us would loved to have made it ,good on the boys that did, go do us proud.

T

truckandtrailor

Bit of sour grapes for missing out on selection hey Jimmy?

White looks sharp... maybe they repeat last year & also beat NSW 1
All you 15s for next year... turn up first trial, stay injuryed or just turn up for 1 trail and you'll proabay get selected... what a joke...

C

classicgold

What a joke 6 players from met north u15's made either red or white, yet were beaten by met east or met west (somebody correct me) yet no players from that team made it, and what a surprise they are from nudgee.

I also would like to add that only 4 nudgee 16s made in compared to 6 nudgee 15's? is that a joke

I am also confused Dan Preen made qld opens yet on in white???

also mikey dyring is a over rated half back, where is the likes of jack martin or anybody really?

This seems to be a well below par team for qld, as i can understand some people getting picked on form but the numbers of u15's and also the unlikely choices made, i would have to say my un-biased selection would have atleast 10 different names there.

What is everyone else's opinion on this.

(This is not a dummy spit about the players just questioning the selection)

C

classicgold

What he means is that eight of the selected players were either not selected in initial round or were cut in another round and then reinstated. Of those eight, I see that four are from Nudgee College.

A lot of these nudgee boys were u15s in a team that didn't even win state champs, what a joke

I could understand 1 or 2 but 6? come on

James tuttle is not ready - he is a hard player, not as talented as jack but still very talented, but there are better players that deserve their go in the u16 age group e.g. jack martin, knox from marist, and many other strong halfbacks

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Disagree about James Tuttle- great player. Will no doubt be playing firsts next year. However, I do agree with the excessive amounts of Nudgee players. Dan Preen should have been in Red, and Guy Hamilton should have at least been in one team.

B

Boomboom

What a joke 6 players from met north u15's made either red or white, yet were beaten by met east or met west (somebody correct me) yet no players from that team made it, and what a surprise they are from nudgee.

I also would like to add that only 4 nudgee 16s made in compared to 6 nudgee 15's? is that a joke

also mikey dyring is a over rated half back, where is the likes of jack martin or anybody really?

This seems to be a well below par team for qld, as i can understand some people getting picked on form but the numbers of u15's and also the unlikely choices made, i would have to say my un-biased selection would have atleast 10 different names there.

What is everyone else's opinion on this.

(This is not a dummy spit about the players just questioning the selection)

hahaha no suprise why you are sitting in your house posting forums about a team. i do beleive your not a reds elite coach.. so i dont think you can have any comment

R

rgsrugby

Team

1) Benroy Sala (BSHS)
2) Robert Lawless (BBC)
3) James Stuart (BBC)
4) Nic Fordyce (NC)
5) Michael Gilbert (BGS)
6) Alex Creedon (RGS)
7) Henry Fitzgerald (NC)
8) Lathem (IGS)
9) Zack O'Brien (RGS)
10) James Dalgleish (GT)
11) Logan Tibbetts (BSHS)
12) Jack Tuttle (NC)
13) Will Shipperly (NS)
14) Alex West (ACGS)
15) Mitch Third (TSS)

R

rgsrugby

1) Benroy Sala (BSHS)
2) Robert Lawless (BBC)
3) James Stuart (BBC)
4) Nic Fordyce (NC)
5) Michael Gilbert (BGS)
6) Alex Creedon (RGS)
7) Henry Fitzgerald (NC)
8) Lathem (IGS)
9) Zack O'Brien (RGS)
10) James Dalgleish (GT)
11) Logan Tibbetts (BSHS)
12) Jack Tuttle (NC)
13) Will Shipperly (NS)
14) Alex West (ACGS)
15) Mitch Third (TSS)

R

rgsrugby

thats a joke that 6) Alex Creedon (RGS) and 9) Zack O'Brien (RGS) didn't make it. they are an awesome combo

E

ESKIPPER

What is everyone else's opinion

dont think its a suprise that preene is in white, both teams look equal, might be because the selecters realized white has had success and tried to even it up, some very impressive players in both teams

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)

What is everyone else's opinion

dont think its a suprise that preene is in white, both teams look equal, might be because the selecters realized white has had success and tried to even it up, some very impressive players in both teams

Nudgee seem way overrepresented regardless of the year (15s or 16s) as do TGS (perhaps both are understandable given the red coaches come from those schools) - both Churchie and BSHS can feel hard done by given the seasons they had in the 16s.

Status
Not open for further replies.