• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland v Bath 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim&Bingo

Chris McKivat (8)

Might be a few of you who'll enjoy this bit of nostalgia - any young Wallabies on the Queensland team?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
a young John Eales, in his debut year, at lock.

Dan Crowley playing loosehead and tight head.

Iseia (spelling) Siginyavi (spelling) father of big Ratu Siginyavi (spelling) on the wing.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Iseia Siginyavi is named but doesn't play.

Paul Kahl the 10 is known as "test match" after getting one cap in 92

Jeff Miller is captain

Julian Gardner also played for the Wallabies before moving to Italy where he played test rugby as well.

Nice video T&B. Good chance I was at the ground that day but I can't recall for sure.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
One of the most exciting parts of that was the guy in the crowd with the bee at 5:30. Lucky Eales wsa such a good player, having to make his debut with a terrible hooker couldn't have been easy.

Nice to see Guscott on the losing side, pitty it didn't happen more often and maybe he'd be less arrogant now.

sonny crockett

Allen Oxlade (6)
Loosehead Prop, Keith Blaikie, Darling Downs, Qld Country, Keith remembers getting pretty badly destroyed by the old hardhead Gareth Chilcott. Keith played his club rugby for The Institute Rugby Club (now University of Southern Qld Rugby Club) on the Downs as an Under 19 and then the Queensland Agricultural College before it joined up with UQ, played with the likes of Richard Moroney there. The tight head prop does not look like Crowley either, will have to do a little study on that.

Andrew King at fullback, Queensland Agricultural College and Qld Country before shifting to Easts in Brisbane, now I believe is an Organic Lamb Producer in Western Qld.

Will Shaw at hooker I think played most of his footy at Wests in Brisbane, but had a one or two seasons on the Downs for Rangers, maybe one with Rangers and one or more with Institute, now Uni. Always found Will a better flanker than hooker.

Rob Korst was a 6 foot 10, 130 kg giant, earmarked early in his career to be the "next big thing" in Qld rugby, not sure he wanted to be. Played some seasons for Dalby on the Downs while he was teaching there and got really badly stitched up in the hard man stakes by some real tough guys from Goondiwindi in one of the Grand Finals of the era. Korst was an Easts man in Brisbane and I believe finished up later in career in subbies at Kenmore with another Qld hardman, Matt Ryan.

Peter Healy on the bench, Rangers and Institute on the Downs, Qld Country hard man, reserve hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.