• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quick Poll for Tahs Fans

Would you like to see Kurtley Beale return to the Tahs in 2014? let us know why.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
In light of recent (and not so recent) off the field indiscretions and a loss of form on the field, would you like to see KB (Kurtley Beale) return to NSW?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've always been a bit fan of KB (Kurtley Beale) and whilst he has mad several serious off field issues now, he largely stayed out of trouble at the Tahs.

I think Cheika is exactly the sort of coach that KB (Kurtley Beale) needs to stay focused and on the straight and narrow.

There needs to be several things happen before this can become a possibility. Kurtley needs to seek attend some sort of alcohol rehabilitation program and receive counselling. It would seem based on past experience that he probably needs to stop drinking if he is really going to be avoid problems in the future.

A combination of anger management and fixing his drinking problem is what is required.

If he can complete these things I think the Tahs should seriously consider re-signing him.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As things stand, no. He has been unable to stay out of trouble in different environments, and ultimately, it is Kurtley that needs to fix himself up, not others who need to dance around him.
With the way Cheika is trying to instill a better culture at the Tahs, I don't think it would be a good fit.
Which is a shame, as he is a very talented footballer.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Feel like this has been done to death at this stage but anyways, yes I'd take him back but only with very strict conditions in his contract regarding anti social behaviour, drinking, social media etc. Cheika could be the man to get him back on track but he shouldn't be given infinite chances to get it together.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Where would be play?
Foley has been good at 10 and is probably the type of player that the Tahs need there & KB (Kurtley Beale) has IMO looked at his best at 15. Folau is being groomed as a 15 so if he sticks around would probably find himself on the wing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Where would be play?
Foley has been good at 10 and is probably the type of player that the Tahs need there & KB (Kurtley Beale) has IMO looked at his best at 15. Folau is being groomed as a 15 so if he sticks around would probably find himself on the wing.

I'd only sign Beale if we are losing Barnes.

Having another 10/15 is vital for depth. You can't rely on your first choice being available all the time.

A star 12 would be a great signing but it's not like there are lots of them floating round and looking to change teams. I've been impressed by Horne's two games at 12 though. He's doing plenty of good things.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd only sign Beale if we are losing Barnes.

Having another 10/15 is vital for depth. You can't rely on your first choice being available all the time.

A star 12 would be a great signing but it's not like there are lots of them floating round and looking to change teams. I've been impressed by Horne's two games at 12 though. He's doing plenty of good things.

Agree with you on Horne, he looks to have made some improvements to his game. The more game time at 12 the better. I feared for him when AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) came to the Tahs as we had plenty of centres but he seems to be going better at 12 than he did as a 13. He'll never be a distributer like Tapuai or Lealifano but his hard running and hard tackling are working well along with his improving passing game. Starting to feel sorry for Chariots, he might start to look overseas soon.

On a side note, someone remove Chariot's work ethic and install it in Timani.

T

TOCC

I gotta wonder how the Tahs could afford him....

Wasn't it only last year that the Tahs were in trouble for salary cap cheating, then the Tahs then recruit Izzy Folau and Michael Hooper... How could they afford Beale?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Hooper essentially replaced the Elsom $$$. Izzy is getting paid by the ARU (fairly or not). Barnes is likely to go and his salary would probably be close to what Beale would require.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Beale will be cheaper now than when he left, his two years at the Rebels have cost him in the long run. Has only played around 10 out of 22 games since he has been in Melbourne with 2 massive off field strikes against his name.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I believe in giving players another chance but he has had several chances and frankly punching the captain is pretty weak. Alcohol is apparently the problem and it would probably be in his best interests to go cold turkey and avoid alcohol altogether. If he can make that commitment then yes, otherwise no. Cheika is trying to instill a new culture and the Tahs don't need a destabilising influence right now.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I think that Chieka is the type of guy to give KB (Kurtley Beale) a kick up the arse and to have a quiet word.

I'm sick of the rock-star attitude.

Reality bites.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Too many risks. Presumably he's had counselling and if he hasn't worked out by now that he and alcohol are not made for each other then he may never do so.
Even with all the promises and contractual conditions in the world, taking him on risks sending current Tahs, and those thinking of signing, a message that exceptions will be made for particularly gifted players.
Thats the wrong message if you want to change the Tahs' culture - and we all agree it needed and needs changing.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think the benefits are outweighed by the drawbacks.
Benefits:
Always a threat at 10 or 15
Can play at 10 and 15
Tahs best years were the years in which he was involved
Drawbacks:
Liability off the field
10 and 15 already have good players in them, someone would be forced onto the bench
Plays in his own way, may not conform to team plans

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I say yes, if he's replacing a quality outside back. Better for Cheika to have the opportunity to pull him into line than for some other franchise to do so. Imagine the years of whinging if the Tahs pass on him now and he goes on to star somewhere else. Some are yet to forgive the Tahs for "losing" him two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.