• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R15: Waratahs vs Jaguares @ Western Sydney Stadium - Saturday 25 May 2019

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jed Holloway should return this week as his suspension has ended.

Presumably Tolu Latu will not be playing.

The Tahs will also be hoping for Jack Dempsey to return from injury (I am not sure on the timeframe from that).

My expectation is that the Tahs won't rest anyone this week unless Kepu or Simmons need to be rested for two matches still as they have to win this game to stay alive.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs team:

1. Robertson
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Kepu
4. Hanigan
5. Simmons
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Wells
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Clark
12. Hunt
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Newsome
15. Beale

16. Tuala 17. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) 18. Talakai 19. Holloway 20. Miller 21. Gordon 22. Foketi 23. Rona

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What's the lowest ever Tahs crowd?

Yeah, it could be challenging it this weekend.

I'm unfortunately away this weekend so won't be going again. This is easily my lowest attendance season in over a decade of being a member. My wife and I are going to manage only 3 of the 8 home games due to other commitments (mostly being out of Sydney).

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Tahs starting to develop a pretty strong bench, particularly with Holloway back. Bring all of those guys on, and we really don't lose much in any position.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Jaguares are potentially a tough ask. Depends I suppose, on their selections, and on their commitment.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
What's the lowest ever Tahs crowd?

With the growing list of TBA on AuStadiums - we'll never know........

Capture.JPG

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Forward pack starting to look a bit more substantial with Robertson back and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) available on the bench. But the Jaguares have a lot riding on the game, needing to keep winning to take out the SA conference. I think the up- tempo pace they play at will put a lot of pressure on the likes of Foley, Hunt and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Jaguares by 1.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
But the Jaguares have a lot riding on the game, needing to keep winning to take out the SA conference. I think the up- tempo pace they play at will put a lot of pressure on the likes of Foley, Hunt and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Jaguares by 1.

Given that there is probably only one team in the whole shebang out of the running for the semi-finals, there are fourteen teams who do not want to give up a point right now, let alone give up a win! Every one of those teams is desperate. The only sensible forecast at this stage is that there will be many more upsets in the next fortnight as teams fight tooth and nail for a spot in the eight.

I cannot remember ever having so many teams still with a chance of making it a month out from the finals. Maybe back in the Super 12 days, but due to my advancing years I just can't remember.

The teams who trouble the Waratahs most are the ones who keep it in close and seek to overpower them. Teams with a more attacking style allow the Waratahs speed merchants to engage in 1-1 combat and eventually expose their mistakes. I am expecting it to be close, I will be shocked if its a blowout either way, but I think the Tahs just might win this one on the back of another KB (Kurtley Beale) masterclass.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Jags are controlling the game without too much threat. Tahs have defended well but must be fatigued. Will want to get their hands on much more ball second half