• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R3 Reds v Chiefs, turmoil in Townsville?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ has said that he & his partner (now wife) struggled in Sydney due largely to their son's medical problems & not having a family support network to help them cope with that, but that now he's back home he can concentrate on his footy without having to worry so much about being away from Mrs T & toddler T. Plus I think the boy's problems are better understood now he's a bit older & are somewhat easier to manage.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
^ has said that he & his partner (now wife) struggled in Sydney due largely to their son's medical problems & not having a family support network to help them cope with that, but that now he's back home he can concentrate on his footy without having to worry so much about being away from Mrs T & toddler T. Plus I think the boy's problems are better understood now he's a bit older & are somewhat easier to manage.

That's tough for anyone. We moved 2000 klms away from our families and raised healthy kids. It was tough. Can't imagine adding an illness to the equation.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds starting with intent but need to keep this settled, the mess suits the chiefs too well.

Reactions: dru

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Scrum statement well and truly made at this point, getting that dominance asserted early will hopefully make all the difference.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Am torn on how I'd like to see this one go. On the one hand the 13-0 ledger is pretty lame, but the ultimate aim is to deny the Crusaders a spot in the final. The Blues and Hurricanes are best placed to do that, so can't have the Reds bringing any confidence into their match with the Blues. Soz.

If the spectre of the Evil Empire wasn't looming over the competition then I'd support the Reds.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Are the reds playing the Chiefs or the ADF? Or the Kruger Lion Spotters? WTF were their kit designers thinking!?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hegarty with claret. Hope he's OK. Likewise JOC (James O'Connor).

Daugunu and Vunivalu both looking promising.