• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R3 Reds v Chiefs, turmoil in Townsville?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 10.44.30 pm.png

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Yep, the hole from losing both Rodda and Hockings still remains. Although, I think Thorn would be happy with how Ryan Smith has been playing. He appears pretty strong in contact and dependable at the set piece.

Yep absolutely Smith has been very solid, we'd kill to have a Hocking for the bench (prior to alienating the entire squad).

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Are you kidding? Couldn't blame the ref. Lolllll

Reds had a chance to go full metal jacket. What we got was limp cock. It's good to have a win, but it definitely a limp cock win.

Not piss poor, just nothing close to what we should be expecting.

Draw a line in the sand. Not worse than this Reds, OK?

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Reds had a chance to go full metal jacket. What we got was limp cock. It's good to have a win, but it definitely a limp cock win.

TBH I'd be worried if they were barring up 15 mins from full time. Cyclo, your take?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Yeah. Line in the sand Reds! Only team to beat a NZ team this year and only one to do it in more than 400 days. Put 40 up against their comp’s runner up when all other Aussie teams have been getting smashed!

BUT NO WORSE REDS!!!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Appalling I know but I'm almost kind of glad the Reds held on there.

If they hadnt this forum would have gone fullblown...

d1009521056199e43e58617481dc8b5b.gif

I know the feeling DP and also leaves Blues and Canes at top of table!! Let's face it after the Blues meltdown next week, well top of table will look just right.;)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Geez, that fightback was phenomenal. Cannot remember anything like it at this level.

Not sure what they are, but there must be some good lessons for the Reds. Did they run out of puff?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez, that fightback was phenomenal. Cannot remember anything like it at this level.

Not sure what they are, but there must be some good lessons for the Reds. Did they run out of puff?

mate even though I a Canes man, I do go along with the Chiefs culture , they call it Chief's mana, and I believe it showed a bit last night, and was probably in part having to do with the man they reckon leads it coming onto field, Liam Messam, I was watching him, and he just threw himself at everything, and I think he actually believed they could win it still at end!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can I quietly say, although I not happy obviously about DMac getting sent off from a kiwi prospective it not end of world, as I quite happy he will get a break before test season, as I have said last few weeks in here I think he looking a little tired, playing huge minutes almost evry week.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Just a bench that wasn't up to standard.

I recall a Bledisloe in 2000 with a remarkable, but not quiet there comeback.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Well done Reds, great that it ended up a thrilling finish - at 30-3 or something like that it looked like it wasn't going to be a contest. Really pleased that the Reds put on this performance in Qld, and in Townsville especially, as it can only help to boost supporters. Great comeback by the Chiefs, showed a lot of determination and really tested the Reds defence. Issac Henry ran some nice lines, certainly looked the part.