• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
You want me silenced?:( To be honest, part of me doesn't want to see England win the Grand Slam as it will have come too quickly for this group of players. When I look back to that WC winning side, all those Grand Slam disappointments contributed to the making of that team. And the current England squad, with an average age of under 25, have already achieved beyond most peoples expectations of them and they will continue to develop further. Actually, that's bollocks, I just hope we win.
Since the wheels came off england at RWC strange things have been afoot. England have with a few exceptions become likeable. Personally felt more comfortable with the anti-welsh xenophobia and loads-of-money days of say the Carling, lord bald coaching era. There was real reason to hate. Where are the Ackfords and Dooleys these days? Hatred all seems a bit phoney at the moment. Haskell is still a prize w@nker but I'm not happy. I don't like it. I don't like at all.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Do I sense sarcasm from the beeb?

Originally Posted by BBC
O'Driscoll, who suffered a torn ear which needed eight stitches, a knock to the head and a dead leg against France and still finished, was declared 100 percent fit by Kidney.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Began trying to put together my favourite-Orc-players-of-all-time-who-were-not-all-time-dickheads XV. Am struggling to get a full side. Any thoughts? I've got. Tried same the other way round and had no problem, right down to 4th grade dickheads

1 Leonard
4 Beaumont
6 Hill
7 Teague
8 Scott
11 D Duckham
12 Greenwood
15 Robinson

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nice one George!
“You try to keep a cool head and you try to maintain calm and focus,” said North, “but everyone you see on the street is saying ‘make sure you smash their heads in’! The whole country loves it. Wales is a massive rugby nation, and whenever we play England there seems to be this long, long rivalry that everyone just wants a bloodbath, really.”
North was born in King’s Lynn but moved to Anglesey aged two and is a fluent Welsh speaker. “Everyone has got that common thing that everyone doesn’t really like the English in rugby terms,” he said. “It’s not like a bad thing that they hate them because they are nasty people. It’s that they are a good team to beat and a good scalp to have.”

They say his dad has become Wales' favourite Englishman after the French game and his girlfriend is alright too

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just wkoke up thinking 'what would I really like to see in this game'. first thoughts were Adam kicking a drop goal to take us 8 points clear with 1 min to go but then memories of Matt dunning came back. Since that 'mare, so far the only things that come to mind are a win and sunshine.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
French team named. No prize for guessing who's at 10.

15-Yoann Huget, 14-Vincent Clerc, 13-Mathieu Bastareaud, 12-Wesley Fofana, 11-Maxime Medard, 10-Frederic Michalak, 9-Morgan Parra
8-Louis Picamoles, 7-Thierry Dusautoir (captain), 6-Antonie Claassen, 5-Yoann Maestri, 4-Sebastien Vahaamahina, 3-Nicolas Mas, 2-Benjamin Kayser, 1-Thomas Domingo

Replacements: 16-Guilhem Guirado, 17-Vincent Debaty, 18-Luc Ducalcon, 19-Christophe Samson, 20-Yannick Nyanga, 21-Maxime Machenaud, 22-Francois Trinh-Duc, 23-Florian Fritz or Gael Fickou.

Still fancy them by a few on Saturday night.
Been pondering alternatives to Blind Freddy. Thought there must be somebody world class in Top 14 who can actually play 10 and kick. Then it came to me.... Mathieu Giteau. Even got a French name. He'd be a shoe in

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
With a few underdogs winning Super rugby games this weekend already, Wales must be favoured to beat the Soap Dodgers. Fact. C'mon the Boyos.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Began trying to put together my favourite-Orc-players-of-all-time-who-were-not-all-time-dickheads XV. Am struggling to get a full side. Any thoughts? I've got. Tried same the other way round and had no problem, right down to 4th grade dickheads

1 Leonard
4 Beaumont
6 Hill
7 Teague
8 Scott
11 D Duckham
12 Greenwood
15 Robinson

Underwood brothers? Tom Youngs doesn't seem to be a bad fella. . .Brian Moore springs to mind as well. Am sure Matt Dawson has mellowed with age!

What's wrong with Martin Johnson though?

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Been pondering alternatives to Blind Freddy. Thought there must be somebody world class in Top 14 who can actually play 10 and kick. Then it came to me.. Mathieu Giteau. Even got a French name. He'd be a shoe in

According to my French rugby mate it's T-D or no one really. There's a critical lack of quality at 10 in the Top-14. Some kids coming through but not ready for Test rugby.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Underwood brothers? Tom Youngs doesn't seem to be a bad fella.Brian Moore springs to mind as well. Am sure Matt Dawson has mellowed with age!

What's wrong with Martin Johnson though?
Brian Moore the over enthusiastic commentator and pundit or the other Brian Moore the nob who played. It's difficult. Had to go back all the way to Pullen who was good. Chilcott wasn't very good but seemed a good bloke.

Now Johnson. Hmmm. Will have to sleep on that one. Too many memories of Johnsin the player. Too many on field incidents.

Outside half is really difficult. England haven't really had a decent one before Wilkinson and it took years for me to begin to like him. And who on the other wing? Spose the Underwoods were so at least innocuous.

In my other overblown-hyped-up-dickheads-and failures XV it was easy. Hanley- 'the new Lomu' and Austin Healy on the other with Marcus Rose at fullback, Rob Andrew or Dusty Hare at #10. Carling and Gusset. There's such a choice!

Dawson certainly the best of the 9s. Spose we are getting close to XV. Even if we are covering 35 years.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Fair play to Italy beating us today they deserved as they outplayed us today. Hopefully the one positive every expects from this, Kidney leaving, will actually materialise.

Kaz

Ted Fahey (11)
What a monster effort by Wales. Amazing intensity for 80mins. Go Wallabies. This Lions series is going to be absolutely huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.