• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC - Wallabies vs Springboks, Gold Coast Sunday 12 September 8:05 PM

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I’ve been up Rennie a bit lately, but I genuinely think we are pushing shit up hill playing the ABs twice at the start of every RC, three times this year, and often read too much into that. Jury is out though, we need to make some inroads up the world rankings. We’ve just jumped to 5th, if we can hold that to the end of the year it’s a low pass, up to 4th would be a good result.
Rennie made a big call to say heading in right direction and just need to prove this over next few weeks. I reacted with disbelief on this comment but clearly I was wrong and Rennie proved he knows what he is doing.

I had doubts also on Cooper but Rennie obviously saw the potential as he definitely provided the spine / pivot for backs as with him and Kerevi completed the backline. But clearly the platform for that was outstanding forwards performance.

I came into this game expecting to lose and proud of that wallabies performance.

Reactions: dru

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
That was a very composed display from Quade throughout the game and had an impact on the other players. White coming on a half time also helped everyone keep their cool except maybe for Hodges kick.
Haven’t been Quades biggest fan but that was good sensible and intelligent rugby.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
EOYT, has to be on the radar surely.
Can't really have too many players that ain't great defenders on the field at once.. I'd say we are a balanced side at the moment. With some rough edges but Beale tackling with Quade as well (he did well tonight) might be too much.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I think Sbw is awesome as a player but yeh sorry not a fan of him as media commentator. He has his L plates on as media commentator but struggles to get his sentences out and yes may get better. But no at this point not someone I enjoy as a media commentator as only so many bro comments I can take. knowledge of the game undeniable but ability to communicate not so good as a commentator at this point.
We can't all go to GPS schools

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can't really have too many players that ain't great defenders on the field at once.. I'd say we are a balanced side at the moment. With some rough edges but Beale tackling with Quade as well (he did well tonight) might be too much.
As opposed to Banks steady knock ons from the back

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Congrats Wallaby fans. Well deserved win.
Quade played with great composure and was assured. Brilliant goal kicking 8-8.
Valentini superb. Kerevi just tireless in attack (how many ball carries?)

Like the look of the new young replacement hooker. Did some good things out there without getting over excited.

FF (Folau Fainga'a) and Swinton need to run laps until they learn not to do dumb stuff.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
apart from penalties conceded we destroyed them.
We conceded 17 penalties to their 11.
We only missed 4 tackles to their 21.
We offloaded 12 times to their 2.
We made 3 clean breaks to their 0.

though they left 10 points out there off the tee.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
apart from penalties conceded we destroyed them.
We conceded 17 penalties to their 11.
We only missed 4 tackles to their 21.
We offloaded 12 times to their 2.
We made 3 clean breaks to their 0.

though they left 10 points out there off the tee.
If ever there was an indication the rules are fucked its this. We played all the actual rugby and they still came within two points and arguably should have won.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If ever there was an indication the rules are fucked its this. We played all the actual rugby and they still came within two points and arguably should have won.

I'd agree, but in this case we had a ref who was all over the ruck. It could be painful at times, but certainly helped counter negativity. As long as interpretations go this way, I'm good with it.