• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 1 SRA 2021 Queensland Reds v NSFW Waratahs

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
EuUdIGIVcAE3Y-r

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
He's the second Reds recruit to stuff up before playing a game in a few years.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Taking my three month old son to the game on Friday. Got him some earmuffs. Not sure if they are to drown out the crowd noise or my chat being that I'm a tahs fan (but Reds member) and he is a QLDer.

My son was 3 when I started taking him to the Reds with me. He is 15 now. Never played rugby in his life but still comes to the games, first it was because I would buy him all the hotdogs and chips he could eat, now I think just to humor me. Hope you get many years of Reds games with him.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
REDS: (1-15): Dane Zander, Alex Mafi, Feao Fotuaika, Angus Blyth, Seru Uru, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor (c), Filipo Daugunu, Hamish Stewart, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Jock Campbell
Reserves: Richie Asiata*, Harry Hoopert, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith*, Tuania Tali Taualima, Moses Sorovi, Bryce Hegarty, Ilaisa Droasese*
*denotes potential Super Rugby debut
WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Tom Horton, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Sam Caird, Jack Whetton, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Jack Dempsey, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harrison, James Ramm, Joey Walton, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks
Reserves: Dave Porecki, Tetera Faulkner, Sio Tatola, Jeremy Williams, Hugh Sinclair, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Mark Nawaqanitawase

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
https://reds.rugby/news/2021/02/17/...-for-super-rugby-au-season-opener-against-nsw
St.George Queensland Reds v Waratahs – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on 19 February at 6:45pm AEST

1. Dane Zander – Norths
2. Alex Mafi – Bond University
3. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
4. Angus Blyth – Bond University
5. Seru Uru* – Easts
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers ©
11. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Jordan Petaia – Wests
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Richie Asiata** – Easts
17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
18. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
19. Ryan Smith** – Brothers
20. Tuania Taii Tualima – GPS
21. Moses Sorovi – Wests
22. Bryce Hegarty – GPS
23. Ilaisa Droasese** – Wests

*denotes starting Super Rugby and Queensland debut
**denotes potential Super Rugby and Queensland debut

Up to three players could potentially make their Super Rugby and Queensland debuts with hooker Richie Asiata, lock Ryan Smith and outside back Ilaisa Droasese all named on the bench.

It’s set to be a memorable night for starting hooker Alex Mafi who will celebrate his 50th cap for Queensland.

Tighthead prop Feao Fotuaika will play his first game of Rugby in more than 12 after overcoming a foot injury suffered against the Brumbies at GIO Stadium back in January last year.

The versatile Seru Uru will add to his two Queensland caps after being named at lock with Lukhan Salakaia-Loto currently suspended after he was shown a red-card during the Wallabies draw with Argentina late last year.

Angus Scott-Young will start at blindside flanker in the absence of captain Liam Wright who is sidelined with a high-ankle sprain.

Stand-in skipper James O’Connor will again partner Tate McDermott in the halves, while Queensland’s backline boasts three Australian Test stars as Filipo Daugunu and Jordan Petaia present a formidable sight on either wing with Hunter Paisami at outside centre.

“How good is to to have rugby back,” said Thorn.

“It’s the first time in four years we’ve had a home game to kick-off the season, so we’re looking forward to playing some entertaining footy in front our Queensland fans.

“Three guys could make their debuts which is a great thing to recognise. They’ve worked hard in the pre-season and deserve their selection.

“Alex Mafi will also play his 50th game for Queensland which is an awesome achievement. As a group we congratulate him on reaching this milestone.

“The Waratahs will provide a tough contest. There’s plenty of tradition and rivalry between the two teams as well, so we’re looking forward to a good hit-out on Friday night,” Thorn added.

Queensland will be looking to reclaim the Bob Templeton Cup with victory at Suncorp Stadium after New South Wales won back the cup following their win at the SCG in August last year.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
We are playing the Waratahs! Tupou and Hoopert only essential depending on the score at half time. Keep them fresh for Round 2. Let Mafi start for his 50th cap.