• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 11: Rebels v Blues

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Out forwards just look small against the kiwis. They make ground so easily.

Yes we turned up but all year we have played a static defensive line and just give away metres to sides prepared to run at us.

It line point I saw the blues 5 get it and brace to be tackled only to look up and see our blokes waiting for him. The look on his face was almost comical in his surprise.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Scoreline really flatters the blues. If the rebels took their chances they probably win or at least get very close this game. You could really see the fitness start to become a big issue after 65 min. The rebels looked cooked

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I didn’t watch the game but Leota and Kellaway got me motza each in fantasy? They went well? I thought Leota got injured?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I didn’t watch the game but Leota and Kellaway got me motza each in fantasy? They went well? I thought Leota got injured?
Leota had to go for HIA, came back on. Kellaway was ok. But backline was all out of shape after we lost both centers.

Thought Angus was well below par tonight, breakdown and scrums he did everything he could to assist the Blues.

We need Wilkin back big time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Something I noticed in game, seem to be played with a fairly good feeling. I saw at one stage Uelese reched through ruck and grabbed Funaki by hair , looked kind of accidental, and a couple of minutes later as they were both getting up from a breakdown, he seemed to tap him on shoulder as apology. Same after game where Telea and Gordon were wandering across field chatting Telea had hand arm around Gordon's shoulder. Just a couple of few things I noticed, teams weren't soft on each other, just seemed reasonably good spitits.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
you know how the players have a little pocket in their jerseys between their shoulder blades for that GPS tracking chip?

the brumbies supporter jerseys have that pocket on the shoulder.
f0b3adef08e3443778993d4ba2606290.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Scroteland missed a trick letting fullback Cole Forbes go. Seems to be keeping Corey Evans and Cashmore out of the team.

Stupid Rebels in the 1st half often failed to adhere to the Blues Boomfatruck Route 1 narrative and wouldnt give the goddamn ball back.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Angus Gardner coaching all the players through every single aspect of the rugby football game like they're the Under 9's is borderline demeaning to them as paid professionals.
He failed to protect Darby Lancaster. Late no arms hit in the first half, getting tackled without it in the second then again in the second the blues player coming off his line to check his run post kick

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scoreline really flatters the blues. If the rebels took their chances they probably win or at least get very close this game. You could really see the fitness start to become a big issue after 65 min. The rebels looked cooked
I thought that the rebels had too many hero players who thought they could score when the easier opportunity was outside them. 40 mins of good rugby amounts to nothing if you can't up it for the last 40.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Something I noticed in game, seem to be played with a fairly good feeling. I saw at one stage Uelese reched through ruck and grabbed Funaki by hair , looked kind of accidental, and a couple of minutes later as they were both getting up from a breakdown, he seemed to tap him on shoulder as apology. Same after game where Telea and Gordon were wandering across field chatting Telea had hand arm around Gordon's shoulder. Just a couple of few things I noticed, teams weren't soft on each other, just seemed reasonably good spitits.
Agree. Even through there was a reasonably high physicality to it all, there wasn't any thuggery in this game.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Angus Gardner coaching all the players through every single aspect of the rugby football game like they're the Under 9's is borderline demeaning to them as paid professionals.
I'd take that any day over someone like Doleman, Poite and other such referees making a random, inconsistent call out of the blue.

I'd further content for the more casual viewer of the sport it's probably not a bad thing either, rather than them trying to decipher what's going on or listening to the commentary team try to do the same.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'd take that any day over someone like Doleman, Poite and other such referees making a random, inconsistent call out of the blue.

I'd further content for the more casual viewer of the sport it's probably not a bad thing either, rather than them trying to decipher what's going on or listening to the commentary team try to do the same.
Lol or any ref that isn't Australian?;)
But I don't mind refs like Gardner that talk to the front rows anyway, rather they talked and told players what he looking for. Though can understand why some don't like it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Poite is part of the minimalist French impressionist movement school of referreeing. Unencumbered by structural norms, it's the bending of light, a decorative dash of whistle, a wave, and finally, some total fucking bullshit call pulled directly from out of his arse.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Poite is part of the minimalist French impressionist movement school of referreeing. Unencumbered by structural norms, it's the bending of light, a decorative dash of whistle, a wave, and finally, some total fucking bullshit call pulled directly from out of his arse.
Don't believe the haters. You're actually funny sometimes @Dismal Pillock :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I couldn't watch the game at the time and don't think I quite want to but I'm surprised by the number of Rebels in peoples' TotW despite a scoreboard drubbing. Didn't see much chat about Uelese and Gordon in the thread but they were impressive?