• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 8: Rebels v Highlanders - Sat 13th

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

Nice analysis piece for this weekend's match. Can't really disagree with any of it.

Also - just LOVELY to see ANY media outlet write a match analysis piece on the Rebels, not some financial/insolvency/cut the Rebels piece.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Nice analysis piece for this weekend's match. Can't really disagree with any of it.

Also - just LOVELY to see ANY media outlet write a match analysis piece on the Rebels, not some financial/insolvency/cut the Rebels piece.
Look at those two gifs of Vaihu on the edge, I don't think Anderson gets away like that.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Not even close. Vaihu has more power, in my opinion. It is better to take contact and often break the gainline.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Done post-match, apparently. I was suprised (concerned) it wasn't done at the time of the incident.
That is standard. As you may pass at the time and then show symptoms of a delayed concussion. So most likely was checked and cleared at the time then checked again post game

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
That is standard. As you may pass at the time and then show symptoms of a delayed concussion. So most likely was checked and cleared at the time then checked again post game
Isn't the problem that he wasn't taken off for an HIA, so can't have been properly assessed at the time?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Play was stopped they have a test they can do out on the field they then have the baseline test done in preseason that it is compared to.
They are supposed to remove a player for HIA off field assessment if there is suspicion of a head impact with potential to cause concussion. There is no on-field test to prove they don't have it.

I would argue that an impact to the back of the head which required so many stitches and did result in a concussion should have resulted in an offield HIA at minimum.

The baseline tests are only relevant to the off field HIA assessment. They can't be used on-field as the assessment takes too long

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
long term idk, but Kalea hasn't put a foot wrong since he started the last ~3 games of 2023. I thought a season reset would maybe give Eloff a chance, but he seemingly picked up a niggle right on the edge of the season, and he hasn't done enough when given the opportunities to push either of the two looseheads out.

Must be frustrating for him and Pone sitting here holding tackle bags when the Tahs and the Force are losing props left right and center.
Loan system would certainly benefit us right now.
Does Pone even play rugby anymore?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Loan system would certainly benefit us right now.
Does Pone even play rugby anymore?

I mean, we've only got 6 props formally on the books (there might be a QPR boy who trained with us like Kohan Herbert, the name escapes me, but is certainly not a full timer).

Only takes one injury before we'd be wanting one back in case of a tight hammy or knee knock in the pre-game warm up.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I mean, we've only got 6 props formally on the books (there might be a QPR boy who trained with us like Kohan Herbert, the name escapes me, but is certainly not a full timer).

Only takes one injury before we'd be wanting one back in case of a tight hammy or knee knock in the pre-game warm up.
Yeah so have a recall provision. It would all be completely optional.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Okay so if the conversion is ever in front, just give it to someone else to poke it over. Carter can slot them from the sideline