• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 8: Rebels v Sunwolves - Sat 6th @7:45pm

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What was the last card for? We thought the game was over and as we're walking down the stairs we see the ref put out the card.

mexiwi

Bob McCowan (2)
From what I saw the yellow was for a high/late tackle?

Didn't look like much to me - just waiting for the mini replay to appear on Kayo

That bloody Masirewa is a weapon though - that's 5 tries in the last 2 weeks.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
As some people have said earlier, Rebels starting to look NZer in the way the play. Cynical penalties at the right moments, but also seem to score a few 'lucky' tries. Just like NZ, the harder you work the luckier you are.

Coleman tonight finally put in a gold performance. Deadly in the lineout. On that, what does Rangi have to do be a wallaby. Operating one of the best lineouts in the comp with great accuracy and a cannonball on legs. Best aussie rake by a mile at the moment.

Jones went very well too, Coleman and his lineout defence is great. Wallaby form backrow looks like Jones, Hooper, Naisarani.

Similar to last year, Rebels have cooked a handful of scoring opportunities each match, difference is this year they score 4 tries as well as butcher 4.

Quade desperately needs to work on his clearance kicks.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Side note of appreciation: when Genia scored his try (which was vintage from him), he scored it just in front of the stand I was sitting in. Everyone was on their feet, pretty euphoric, typical stadium reaction to a dominant performance. But a rare feeling in Melbourne for a rugby fan. So after the whole Force cockup, I'm pretty appreciative that I have a team to support and watch, especially one that is doing so well. It's not lost on the fans.

What's more, Willy G looked so pumped up to score in front of his home crowd, looks like he's really enjoying his rugby and is in a good place literally and figuratively.

Also took this photo on my shitty phone camera just as I was arriving at the game. Great night.
IMG_5309.jpeg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well found a decent flyhalf to play outside of.

True Reg, but Quade is also playing better not just because of Genia but Meakes too. It’s a different combination entirely to Quade- Digby but a similar strength. Some of Quade’s plays are being called from outside. It’s not JUST Billy trying his luck off Quade’s hips.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When do the Rebels get to play a Kiwi team next? Reckon they'd give even Canterbury a good shake.

Rebs should comfortably beat Canterbury given one plays Super Rugby & the other Mitre 10 Cup.......

Or if it's the CruSadists you mean, bear in mind that there's a large contingent of Tasman players in their roster these days.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Only caught the last 20 minutes but was purring watching how quick flat and hungry the Rebels' defence was, right up until the final whistle.

Brutal tackles, fairly disciplined and motivated to work. Haven't seen that in years.

Last yellow was baffling.