• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hayward or Eberson at the force? Only ones I can think of, but given the wallaby interest, it's probably Woodward.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

I'd consider him less likely as he's currently available, was overlooked and leaving would not make him ineligible if he chose to return.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's 100% Woodward

Remember he only came over because he wasn't offered a Super contract in NZ. The Canes have Bateman, Taylor and Leilua leaving this year, plus they were in Melbourne recently and I bet they talked.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
For GG to say he wants to 'get out' IMO infers that he is not happy here and wants to get out of the Club. You only need to take one look through the news articles and various social media streams that he seems very happy at the Club. I don't think someone can put a show on for that long if they weren't happy.

Granted a few 'caners are leaving, but they still have plenty of options there; Cory Jane and Marty Banks (especially since BB looks quite comfortable a 10) and even Colin Slade to name some options. Like I've said before Woody would have to ask himself why the never offered him a contract in the first place, even in the EPS. I'm sure the lure of a All Black cap is strong, but how big is the queue for that AB number 15? Big queue I would have thought. Besides my Rebels bias, I think he has an excellent chance of playing good international footy with Australia and the ARU will be working to help secure that.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The guy's Kiwi through and through. Won't surprise me in the slightest if he ups and leaves to Wellington.

It would be a shame as he's been a real spark for us.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
According to Stathi Paxinos in the Age the Rebels are set to announce today the signing of Mike Harris on a two year deal.

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
Growden's "Whispers of the Week" is what I like to call "Greg Blows Hot Air". Not reading his crap is an improvement to Australian Rugby.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Good news about Mike. It seems he's been signed as that inside back option to help Bryce and cover tamati if he leaves. Guess Barnes is not an option anymore. Any more on tamati or woody?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i was musing, on the waratah's thread, in reply to the wonderful back line play from the Tahs last night, what might have been if the Rebels had held on to Phipps (who wanted to stay) and Beale (who didn't) and Foley had kept his word. The 9/10/12 that tore us apart last night might have done the same thing in reverse. However we don't have Daryl Gibson as the backs coach.

also might have improved the measly 22 tries from 12 games so far (second worst) compared to 44 from 16 last year (second best)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Don't think it's max. With his limited game time it would be a bit hard for him to gain form. Then again that might be precisely why he wants out. Remember he has been AWOL for periods of time this year. Link mentioned earlier this year he had his eye on him.

Would be sad if max left as I think, with more time, he will be a key player for us. I think our friends north of the tweed will be on a recruiting drive soon and they might target players like max. Think his dad lives up in brisvegas too.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
To put it bluntly, if we can retain 3 of Smith, Weeks, Paulie and Max, we'll be alright in the front row stocks. Obviously all 4 would be nice, but perhaps not possible.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

Apparently Steve Folau is training with them. Played in Sydney and Christchurch and has represented Samoa A as a prop.

I only just worked out who this is. He played his schoolboy rugby in Brisbane under the name Steve Sasa, and was almost a mythical player at that level running around with an 8 on his back. I just assumed he stopped playing. McGahan was his coach in said schoolboy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.