• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Rebels Membership Renewal is NOW open. I just renewed for 2015. Full of hope for 2015, I realise things cant get much worse that this year, so approaching 2015 like it was 2014 pre-season...
Lets see. I have bought 2 Platinum memberships since the start of the Rebels. That means I have forked out about 8k for 16 wins. Or $500 per win. Not the best bang for my buck. In fact hardly a whimper for my buck.
I certainly hope that the Rebels can offer a better return in 2015.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Lets see. I have bought 2 Platinum memberships since the start of the Rebels. That means I have forked out about 8k for 16 wins. Or $500 per win. Not the best bang for my buck. In fact hardly a whimper for my buck.

I salute you, Baldric.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)

I buy a Platinum and 4 Little Rebel packs each year, and wow it's depressing to think of it like that. Reckon we can claim the capital loss on tax? :p

The Rising are already offering better value. $46 / 3 wins = $15.34 a win.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

You can always hedge membership by placing significant bets on the Rebels to lose.

Rebels win - yay! Go Rebels, awesome stuff. It's only money, right?
Rebels lose - oh well, at least I have won some money.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
You can always hedge membership by placing significant bets on the Rebels to lose.

Rebels win - yay! Go Rebels, awesome stuff. It's only money, right?
Rebels lose - oh well, at least I have won some money.

Yeah unfortunately I've adopted this same strategy, I call it consolation betting. Generally only do it on the games that are important enough that I wouldn't mind losing a bit of dosh. Supporting the Reds this year really helped my bank accounts...

Reactions: Ash

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
On Rebels Squad discussion, the changes from the 2014 to 2015 squad so far (not counting Fualau and Holmes).

Out

Eddie Aholelei (Prop)
Hugh Pyle (Lock)
Chris Thomson (Lock)
Angus Roberts (Fly Half/Fullback)
Lachlan Mitchell (Centre)
Alex Rokobaro (Wing)
Jason Woodward (Fullback)
Lalakai Foketi (Centre)

In

Tim Metcher (Prop)
Steve Cummins (Lock)
Mike Harris (Centre)
Cam Crawford (Fullback)
Dom Shipperly (Wing)
Sefanaia Naivalu (Centre/Wing)
Jonah Placid (Fullback)

I think overall, the squads in a better shape than it was, but I'd like another lock. Jones didn't get really any opperchanceity at 6 this season, and If injuries strike, we're playing 2 inexperienced locks in the 23. If he'd like to go around again, Cam Treloar's looked pretty good for Country, would a 1 year deal as a mentor/bencher be out of the question?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
On Rebels Squad discussion, the changes from the 2014 to 2015 squad so far (not counting Fualau and Holmes).

Out

Eddie Aholelei (Prop)
Hugh Pyle (Lock)
Chris Thomson (Lock)
Angus Roberts (Fly Half/Fullback)
Lachlan Mitchell (Centre)
Alex Rokobaro (Wing)
Jason Woodward (Fullback)
Lalakai Foketi (Centre)

In

Tim Metcher (Prop)
Steve Cummins (Lock)
Mike Harris (Centre)
Cam Crawford (Fullback)
Dom Shipperly (Wing)
Sefanaia Naivalu (Centre/Wing)
Jonah Placid (Fullback)

I think overall, the squads in a better shape than it was, but I'd like another lock. Jones didn't get really any opperchanceity at 6 this season, and If injuries strike, we're playing 2 inexperienced locks in the 23. If he'd like to go around again, Cam Treloar's looked pretty good for Country, would a 1 year deal as a mentor/bencher be out of the question?

Pretty sure Treloar has a job as a cop lined up post NRC.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pyle and Woodward are the only big losses imo and I think we've done well in recruiting backs. I am a bit worried About Shipperly though as that was a nasty injury for a winger. I wonder how his recovery is going?

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
I am in for 2015.
Foe my last bit of sarcasm I see I am entitled to priority booking for finals. Fat chance.

Go Rebels in 2015

D

daz

Yes, it would be. He is starting his Police Academy training as soon as the NRC is finished. He is done and dusted, baby.

Got to give the guy huge respect though; while he was a bit short of Wallaby ability, he made the very best of his talent and carved out a very decent career for himself in France.

My highlight of his time in France was watching a UBB game at 3am one morning, and seeing him deliver a huge swing at his opposite number last year, which would have decapitated the bloke if it connected. He got himself a free trip to Paris out of it, only for the case to be dismissed. The funny thing was that there was about 20 feet of air between his fist and the players head!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
at the end of the super season i was actively questioning my ongoing membership. (foundation platinum x2).
the success of the rising has renewed my enthusiasm and my membership.
hopefully some of the rubbish that was dished up this year won't be repeated, some more wins would be nice but elimination of the repetitive mistakes would be better and a few ttys wouldn't go astray.

ps baldric you are getting ripped off ! platinum (~$500/year) x2 x4 = $ 4000

D

daz

at the end of the super season i was actively questioning my ongoing membership.

In all honesty, I have never questioned my membership (Platinum x 2) and I love going to AAMI on a Friday night.

I've questioned game plan, coaching ability, players ability, strategy, recruiting, beer prices, the wisdom of having Sherri-Lee as a gameday host (oxy-moron there, sorry), and most of all, the fucking drumline.

Never my membership.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
not my support Daz, just whether i could justify forking out a gorilla a year to be tortured by tony

ps personally glad the girls (?) in the dirndl skirts are gone. don't mind the drummers, actually like the acrobat/cheerleader gropu

D

daz

actually like the acrobat/cheerleader gropu

So do the older gentlemen sitting near me. They damn near give themselves whiplash everytime the girls get on the field.

You know the bit I like the best? I like the heartbeat countdown every 15 minutes, and I LOVE the pre-game video. That is sensational and chokes me up every time.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm trying to upgrade my membership from Blue Foundation to Gold Foundation. Time I had decent seats (they better be good KevinO!). Sadly, this is not as easy as one would think. I've logged a case but think it's safer to call. I'll make it easy on the Rebels and just blame Salesforce for this :)

As for Friday nights, yep I loves it too Daz. Sherri-Lee is a far better upgrade form James Sherry, but I reckon Al Latu did a better job. Is he still working on matchday duties?

As for other distractions:
  • Drummers: Long-time fail for me, but for some reason the Rebels management think it's working? Really?
  • Cheerleaders: WHY?!! Seriously, I predict a unfortunate accident that involves Vic the Rebel, the Cheerleaders and ill-placed player tackle drill. None of them even wave to me...so sad.
  • Beer (and quality of it): I force myself to drink decent Beer at a Pub beforehand, just so I can tolerate the mid-strength crap they serve. After 6 or so, that could serve light beer and I wouldn't know.
  • Beer queues: Actually this is something I really can't bitch about too much. At least there is a TV there to watch the match and usually some jovial type in the queue who likes to point out how crap the Beer is here.
  • Game plan/coaching ability - hopefully the new motto will be 'in Todd we trust'.
  • Playing ability: for me more related to coaching ability. I think we have good cattle, they jsut need to be mustered in the right manner that gets the best out of them. Oh, and to keep their confidence TT PLEASE DON'T CHANGE HALF THE FUCKING TEAM AFTER A GOOD WIN. Yes, clearly I'm still not over that.
  • Strategy: Don't think TT is a strategist, hopefully one of our new coaches will fill that void.
  • Recruiting: I'm happy with the squad right now, although I agree it was a shame to lose Pyle and Woody. Professional sport, so this will happen.
Would like to see at least one afternoon game so I can take the younglings along (they would barely last a half on Friday night). the NRC will fill that void this year.
</rant>

D

daz

I am in for 2015.
Foe my last bit of sarcasm I see I am entitled to priority booking for finals. Fat chance.

Go Rebels in 2015

I'm going out on a limb here, but $50 has been plonked down to say that the Rebels will make the finals next year.

I'm maintaining an optimistic viewpoint. Sportsbet are a bit more pragmatic, given that my $50 will net me about a gazillion dollars if the boys make the top 6!

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I'm trying to upgrade my membership from Blue Foundation to Gold Foundation. Time I had decent seats (they better be good KevinO!).
  • Game plan/coaching ability - hopefully the new motto will be 'in Todd we trust'.
  • Playing ability: for me more related to coaching ability. I think we have good cattle, they jsut need to be mustered in the right manner that gets the best out of them. Oh, and to keep their confidence TT PLEASE DON'T CHANGE HALF THE FUCKING TEAM AFTER A GOOD WIN. Yes, clearly I'm still not over that.

</rant>

Will test run the new seats tomorrow so you know they are good.

In TODD we Trust

Never going to be over that brain fart in Perth, at least you where not there. At least I was over for work so didn't cost me anything.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
As for Friday nights, yep I loves it too Daz. Sherri-Lee is a far better upgrade form James Sherry, but I reckon Al Latu did a better job. Is he still working on matchday duties?

As for other distractions:

Sorry to say I think Scherri-Lee is off the team next season. She's gone over to Perth with Nine. Think Al is doing the Rising games.

Could lose the drummers and nobody would notice. Probably couldn't say the same for the cheerleaders (people would definitely notice ;) ) but they're largely expendable as well.

Vic the Rebel can stay.

Fireworks: improve them or lose them. The two little machines behind each goal are a bit sad.

Signage - the inside of AAMI needs to get a lot less concretey and a lot less AAMI red. As soon as you walk in that should feel like the Rebels' stadium. Navy blue that business. Look at any Premier League stadium - that's what I want.

If they're going to sell midstrength, offer bulk savings because I'm going to have to buy eight.

Also, win the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.