• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Just a bit of insight. I've been reliably informed that McGahan is quite popular with the playing group and that he and Hedger were very close and actually friends outside work. So that likely dispels the rumor he left due to difficulties with McGahan.

Reactions: Tex

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Tend to agree with you TWAS, mainly because it's quite evident that Bond University want to support Rugby (evidenced by a number of advertising signs I saw during the AusVArg test match), therefore it is likely they want to grow it at Bond University. Maybe they see Rugby as investment 'low hanging fruit' in this country (as compared with other major sports) and therefore see an opportunity now to get in early. Stories on other threads indicate the (new?) Vice-Chancellor is quite the rugger fan and wants to get involved.

T

Train Without a Station

Sounds like he has just copped the cash with the hope of in a couple of years getting back to his current position. A move fraught with danger in my opinion. Mostly because I have done the same thing to no success in my own field.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Just a bit of insight. I've been reliably informed that McGahan is quite popular with the playing group and that he and Hedger were very close and actually friends outside work. So that likely dispels the rumor he left due to difficulties with McGahan.
In the case of the players, Stockholm Syndrome?

T

Train Without a Station

Or maybe just the case of the fans, uninformed and unrealistic?

T

Train Without a Station

The prices for the jackets are great. Interesting they have the gilet option. So Melbourne.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
New jersey and hoodie for Oztimmy

Yep, and stadium jacket too. The wife even called me to tell me I should get this. When she calls, how can I refuse. She did manage to throw into the conversation that 'I need a new dress for the Spring Carnival'. This is jsut loose code for I need a new dress, shoes, handbag/clutch and hat/fascinator. It's much cheaper for the blokes who jsut have to chuck on a bag of fruit a a shirt not covered in coffee stains.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Gunna be a fucking expensive stadium jacket for you champ!

At first I thought you were making a fat joke at my expense, which is not totally unusual as old props are usually accused being butterballs. Then I realised that the word 'stadium jacket' should be replaced with 'coaches jacket' and the balance is now restored.

Carry on gents...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Brumbies: Chiefs (A) Cheetahs (H) Blues (A) Highlanders (H) Stormers (A) Lions (A) Bulls (H) Crusaders (A)
Force: Hurricanes (H) Bulls (A) Sharks (A) Cheetahs (H) Stormers (H) Chiefs (A) Blues (A) Highlanders (H)
Rebels: Crusaders (A) Lions (H) Hurricanes (A) Chiefs (H) Blues (H) Stormers (A) Sharks (A) Bulls (H)
Reds: Highlanders (A) Lions (H) Bulls (A) Cheetahs (A) Hurricanes (H) Crusaders (A) Sharks (H) Chiefs (H)
Waratahs: Highlanders (A) Blues (H) Stormers (H) Hurricanes (A) Sharks (H) Crusaders (H) Lions (A) Cheetahs (A)

Aus teams inter conference draw next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
RaboDirect Rebels 2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby Fixture:
Round 1 Friday 13 February Crusaders v Rebels AMI Stadium, Christchurch 19:35
Round 2 Friday 20 February Rebels v Waratahs AAMI Park, Melbourne 19:40
Round 3 Saturday 28 February Rebels v Brumbies AAMI Park, Melbourne 19:40
Round 4 Bye
Round 5 Friday 13 March Force v Rebels NIB Stadium, Perth 19:00
Round 6 Friday 20 March Rebels v Lions AAMI Park, Melbourne 19:40
Round 7 Friday 27 March Hurricanes v Rebels Westpac Stadium, Wellington 19:35
Round 8 Friday 3 April Rebels v Reds AAMI Park, Melbourne 19:40 Good Friday
Round 9 Bye
Round 10 Saturday 18 April Brumbies v Rebels GIO Stadium, Canberra 19:40
Round 11 Saturday 25 April Waratahs v Rebels ANZ Stadium, Sydney 19:40 Anzac Day
Round 12 Saturday 2 May Rebels v Chiefs AAMI Park, Melbourne 19:40
Round 13 Friday 8 May Rebels v Blues AAMI Park, Melbourne 19:40
Round 14 Friday 15 May Reds v Rebels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane 19:40
Round 15 Saturday 23 May Stormers v Rebels DHL Newlands, Cape Town TBC
Round 16 Saturday 30 May Sharks v Rebels Growthpoint Kings Park, Durban TBC
Round 17 Saturday 6 June Rebels v Bulls AAMI Park, Melbourne 15:30 Queens Bday Weekend
Round 18 Friday 12 June Rebels v Force AAMI Park, Melbourne 19:40

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Round 17 15.30 kickoff vs the Bulls.

Lock that one in, Eddie. Full strength beer and afternoon rugby.

Us Rebels fans mightn't be aware of this, given the Friday night-heavy scheduling, but AAMI Park sells real beer at afternoon events. Get in!

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
A report in today's Herald Sun says CEO Rob Clarke is set to leave Rebels to take up a job with ARU. The VRU CEO is tipped to take over Rebels role.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
A report in today's Herald Sun says CEO Rob Clarke is set to leave Rebels to take up a job with ARU. The VRU CEO is tipped to take over Rebels role.

With Andrew Fagan leaving the ARU I'm not at all surprised by that, but still disappointed. I don't know a lot about the current VRU CEO - anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.