• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

McMahon, Jones, PAE, Toby Smith, Sexton, English, Deb..

How exciting is your squad looking!!

B

Bobby Sands

Exciting, but still at least another year from seeing the results we need really.

I'm not so sure.

Toby Smith
Sexton
PAE / Weeks
Neville
Jones
McMahon
Colby
Higgers

Zacker
Deb
English
Harris
Inman
Naivalu
Ellison

I would say that is the best "young" squad in Australia and your pack has the potential to be the best in the comp. Sexton could be the bargain of the century. Your backs don't excite me that much collectively, but there is certainly some talent individually. Jonah will eventually be very good.

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm just about gonna cry in my beer if they ditch Hegarty for Debreczeni.

Aside from the fact that I enjoyed watching the kid progress last season under difficult circumstances, it will mean the Rebels are playing the wrong brand of rugby.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm just about gonna cry in my beer if they ditch Hegarty for Debreczeni.

Aside from the fact that I enjoyed watching the kid progress last season under difficult circumstances, it will mean the Rebels are playing the wrong brand of rugby.

I agree. Think Hegarty showed a lot to like this year and should only be better next. Maybe Hegarty at 10 and Debreczini at 15?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Debreczeni was woeful in the Soup last year, utterly out of his depth. The NRC will have helped but it's still too early to tell whether he's ready yet.

We've got a fair few outside backs, enough that we shouldn't need to shoehorn Debreczeni in at fullback. Crawford, Veainu and Placid should all be looked at there in front of him.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Jack's time will come, and pending fitness, Hegarty should be given first shot at the flyhalf jersey.

What I want to see is Smith and Weekes/PAE dominating the respective Wallaby incumbents.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Debreczeni was woeful in the Soup last year, utterly out of his depth. The NRC will have helped but it's still too early to tell whether he's ready yet.

We've got a fair few outside backs, enough that we shouldn't need to shoehorn Debreczeni in at fullback. Crawford, Veainu and Placid should all be looked at there in front of him.

Cam Crawford would be great value at 15 imo. The other three probably need more time to reach full Super quality.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
True. Shouldn't be any hope for 2015 though.

This article from 2013 confirms PAE signed for next year: http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/rabodirect-rebels-continue-to-bolster-ranks

And this one from the end of the season confirms Weeksey is signed: http://melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/two-foundation-rebels-amongst-confirmed-departures

6 props seem to be signed for next year, Toby, Max, Paul, Laurie, Tim and Cruze.

Reckon we could lose one of Max and Cruze or one of PAE and Weeks, which would simply result in Fereti being in the 2016 squad.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
While none of our props are world beaters (yet) they're mostly all quality soup players. Feels good being just about the only Australian club not desperate for decent props.

I'll grasp on too any positives I can.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
7783_20845_2542.jpg

Away
7782_20836_2488.jpg
Home

Status
Not open for further replies.