• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^ Would surely depend on the start date of his contract, wouldn't it? I don't know when that is, but have seen reported that it starts in 2017.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Perhaps, but with pre-season starting in November, will we see him in Rebels training gear in 2016?
Early guilty plea and past points means escaped suspension so free to play.

Really looking forward to seeing him play as quality acquisition for rebels and aru. Only concern is would have liked to see rebels acquire a few more quality backs. As wings sorted but rest a bit scratchy on current form / quality imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
It's a tough one. The guy is obviously potentially a star but he's also come off a fucking marathon of an NRL season. How much does he need rest vs Rugby game time in order to be at his peak for the Rebels and potentially Wallabies in 2017?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's a tough one. The guy is obviously potentially a star but he's also come off a fucking marathon of an NRL season. How much does he need rest vs Rugby game time in order to be at his peak for the Rebels and potentially Wallabies in 2017?

Well I don't see him being rushed in for a rising game - month off before back to work for rebels training in November perhaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
TT seems to have been good overall for the team, but there's been a large number of talentes departures under his tenure.

Some you can't help obviously. Regardless,

Woodward, Crawford, Ellison, Harris, Veainu, Hegarty, Burgess, Lahiff, Horie, PAE, Pyle, Neville, Jones, Fuglistaller, Higgers

Is a solid Super rugby side, all of whom have departed after the 2014 or subsequent season, as he can't really be blamed for who left after 2013

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
TT seems to have been good overall for the team, but there's been a large number of talentes departures under his tenure.

Some you can't help obviously. Regardless,

Woodward, Crawford, Ellison, Harris, Veainu, Hegarty, Burgess, Lahiff, Horie, PAE, Pyle, Neville, Jones, Fuglistaller, Higgers

Is a solid Super rugby side, all of whom have departed after the 2014 or subsequent season, as he can't really be blamed for who left after 2013

Not a bad pack, actually not a bad side in general.
Lahiff
Horie
PAE
Pyle
Neville
Jones
Fuglistaller
Higgers

Burgess
Hegarty
Veainu
Harris
Ellison
Crawford
Woodward

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually really rate the Rebels squad and most of the decisions. I think they all make sense.

Lahiff - He was okay, not playing too well in England right now. Is this a big loss?
Horie - Obviously moved to the Sunwolves. Unavoidable.
PAE - Big loss.
Pyle - Big loss, but this was move because he got no Wallaby love methinks.
Neville - Really did seem to need a fresh start, was stagnating.
Jones - Big loss, but he got little Wallaby love. Unavoidable.
Fuglistaller - Great club man, but was in a position of strength.
Higgers - Once again, little Wallaby love. Unavoidable.
Burgess - Currently retired and running Tasmanian rugby. If anyone saw his from for Treviso in his last season, they'd see this wasn't an awful move.
Hegarty - Big loss.
Veainu - Big loss.
Harris - Getting older and getting little Wallaby love. Unavoidable.
Ellison - I'm suprised he agreed to play perpetual rugby for 3 years. Japan, Super, Japan, Super. Crazy at his age. No details on where/if he's signed this year.
Crawford - Can't see where he's signed either. A man of high potential, but with injuries and from slumps I can see why this has happened.
Woodward - I believe this was to do with a sick wife and her family. Unavoidable.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not all controllable, not all worth having come this current season or future seasons.

But that's a decent side. It's not one that will win you Championships, but it would see you play competitively.

And when a few were arguably retainable, and potentially preferable over a number of our current players, some questions need to get asked.

Veainu in particular is displaying form that could well have seen him on the wing for the Wallabies, albeit I think he's technically not eligible till November in that hypothetical.

But with the way Simmons and Douglas are playing, on top of his excellent Lineout calling, Pyle would have to be in for a shot, and my feelings were that Paullie was ever so close to picking up caps, and had he held on one more season, he'd have been playing in nearly all the tests this year.

Plus both Hegarty and Crawford got little love despite clear aptitude at Super level at least. Particularly with the current lack of experienced quality in the fullback and flyhalf positions we have going into next year.

We win the Championship, or get an extended run in the playoffs, and I'm still happy with TT, but given some of those that have been lost along the way, I'll be a little wistful if it's a season or 2 of finals, or consistently 9-12th then back to the drawing board.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The thing often not talked about - any or all of these blokes could've been difficult customers off the field and that's why they were cut.

I agree with PAE, I think Veinu and Pyle are a stretch. Could've gone far, but still not the 'likely' outcome.

On another note - BH are looking for coaches and you seem to know your footy Highlander35. Why not you?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
PAE is the biggest loss of the lot. The Rebels and Rising scrums are a shadow of what they were with him @ 3.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
On another note - BH are looking for coaches and you seem to know your footy Highlander35. Why not you?

Any and all of:

Young
Little senior rugby experience
Unfit as fuck
White line fever
Talentless hack
No man management skills
Scared
Abuses refs far too often
Frustration when they can't switch to NH/Wet Weather footy when necessary/desirable

Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.