• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Ok time to look like what a matchday 23 might look like

1. Tetera Faulkner
2. James Hanson
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Geoff Parling (assumes Adam Coleman not signed)
5. Matt Philip
6 Lotepi Timani
7 Colby Fainga'a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Will Genia
10. Reece Hodge
11. Sefa Naivalu
12. Billy Meakes
13. Tom English
14. Marikia Koroibete
15. Dane Haylett-Petty
16. Sam Talakai / Laurie Weeks
17. Jordan Uelese
18. Fereti Sa'aga / Laurie Weeks
19 . Sam Jeffries / Alex Toolis
20. Ross Haylett-Petty
21. Richard Hardwick
22. Nic Stirzaker
23. Dave Horwitz

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
From a good source. The Rebels are looking to get rid of Stirzy to an English club. The coach is pushing hard to get Ruru in. Yes very hard to believe but the coach made his intentions clear when signing on. Hopefully with the other signings it doesn't push the local crop to the bottom. Guys like Sione, Leota.
Watch this space I say.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
From a good source. The Rebels are looking to get rid of Stirzy to an English club. The coach is pushing hard to get Ruru in. Yes very hard to believe but the coach made his intentions clear when signing on. Hopefully with the other signings it doesn't push the local crop to the bottom. Guys like Sione, Leota.
Watch this space I say.

Personally I think this is the right move....Ruru better player....

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Like Stirzy, but not surprised. Needs a fresh start to rediscover his potential, never been the same since he got the captaincy.

Not good for Harry though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Why wouldn't you start both Hardwick and Ulesese considering both of them are capped Wallabies? I know Hanson has played Test match Rugby but Ulesese is the future.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I may have missed it, but has anyone heard anything about the Rebels coaching staff?

I’ve been looking closely in the vids, but haven’t seen any old the old guard. Zane, Craig especially.

Morgs has appeared in a few ARU type things with Dave, so methinks he’s around in 2018 and beyond.

I know Sarge is now the logistics manager. Updated his LinkedIn profile :). Good news, he is a top blokecand good operator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Hanson over Uelese: probably experience.

Colby over Hardwick: Culture.

Umm.........culture. I tend to think that will mean little to Wessels who will be coming in looking to transplant much of what he was building at the Force at the Rebels. I reckon Hardwick will start. As for Hanson. I've always liked him as a player. Though he deserved much more time on the pitch during his career but I see him more as a mentor to Uelese than starter. Could be wrong.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Umm...culture. I tend to think that will mean little to Wessels who will be coming in looking to transplant much of what he was building at the Force at the Rebels. I reckon Hardwick will start. As for Hanson. I've always liked him as a player. Though he deserved much more time on the pitch during his career but I see him more as a mentor to Uelese than starter. Could be wrong.
I think with McMahon, Toby and Inman gone, Colby is the heart and soul of the pre-existing players, and he should start, and IMO, should be the captain, particularly as I don't see much between the two of them on form and current ability (potential may be another matter but I digress).

Excluding Lance and Coleman,my team would be:

1. Faulkner
2. Uelese
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Philip
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Horwitz
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Talakai
19. Jeffries
20. RHP
21. Hardwick
22. Stirzaker
23. English/Maddocks

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think with McMahon, Toby and Inman gone, Colby is the heart and soul of the pre-existing players, and he should start, and IMO, should be the captain, particularly as I don't see much between the two of them on form and current ability (potential may be another matter but I digress).

Excluding Lance and Coleman,my team would be:

1. Faulkner
2. Uelese
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Philip
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Horwitz
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Talakai
19. Jeffries
20. RHP
21. Hardwick
22. Stirzaker
23. English/Maddocks

Not a bad side, but would not have Jefferies, RHP and Hardwick all on the bench together.

Would start English at 13.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Watch this space I say.
Don't know much about Ruru, so can't compare fairly, but Stirzaker has never chimed with me. Shouldn't have been captain, and besides that, never really showed composure and consistency.

My main concern with such a manoeuvre is the optics and potential to put the Rebels players offside.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
My main concern with such a manoeuvre is the optics and potential to put the Rebels players offside.

So what is a Rebel and when is a Rebel a Rebel and when is it not? Interesting that the different references are being used within the Rebels.

Aside from Strizaker are there any "Rebels" left that would actually get a start or are genuine bench players like him?

D

daz

Don't know much about Ruru, so can't compare fairly, but Stirzaker has never chimed with me. Shouldn't have been captain, and besides that, never really showed composure and consistency.

Agree about Stirzy, sad but true.

As for Old Rebels v New Rebels, and the potential for some ego’s to be put out, sorry but tough luck. There are no old or new, there are just Rebels.

People will start to feel better once we start to become a winning team. So for those players who may have noses out of joint, I suggest they train the house down, push hard for selection, and get on with being a professional player.

Loyalty became a non-currency the moment sports became a business, where players became chess pieces, and Stirzy would know that.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
2212cd77716093cb02608075aef1f2c2.jpg

Lance and Rangi join. So, we stockpiling hookers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Agree about Stirzy, sad but true.

As for Old Rebels v New Rebels, and the potential for some ego’s to be put out, sorry but tough luck. There are no old or new, there are just Rebels.

People will start to feel better once we start to become a winning team. So for those players who may have noses out of joint, I suggest they train the house down, push hard for selection, and get on with being a professional player.

Loyalty became a non-currency the moment sports became a business, where players became chess pieces, and Stirzy would know that.

Yeah no doubt. While I'm 'torn' it's a very little tear. On a different note, I tried to purchase renew my membership and was told the Rebels website that they didn't have the authority to process my request. Will try again now, hopefully they've sorted any gremlins in the system.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Update:

ERROR
We are unable to complete your request. Return to the The Rebels Homepage.

Still cooked. Damn it Rebels, take my money!

D

daz

Update:

ERROR
We are unable to complete your request. Return to the The Rebels Homepage.

Still cooked. Damn it Rebels, take my money!

When you get access to renew, tick the box that says “auto renew annually”, that way you can just sit back, drink a beer and watch our winning team without any hassles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom