• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Where did the information come from that these players had been cut?

Pama Fou was listed on the previous page in regards to the school allocations, and Shipperley had a profile article about him only a few days ago.

Not sure Slim, someone posted it on previous pages.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I think the coach wants to trial Cottrell as a south african style open side; ie. a big tough bruiser who can be fast to the tackle and counter-ruck rather than trying for the steal. Given the current reffing means jackals are penalty magnets, that's not necessarily a bad strategy.

Might be in response to the rule changes that will neutralise the 'Pocock' model player.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
You know that was just a random thought in an internet forum, rather than formal confirmation it is the Rebels actual strategy?

yeah we know, but this same thought was posted ALL of last year and ALL of the year before. Seems more than a random thought imo - seems like an agenda without any substance

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
You know that was just a random thought in an internet forum, rather than formal confirmation it is the Rebels actual strategy?

Thank goodness for that. Its hard to tell the difference between the random thoughts in an internet forum and an actual strategy when it comes the the Rebels. BTW, does an actual strategy exist or is that also a random thought?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Leota and Rangi are still in rehab, Jeffries has been training with the "A" crowd so perhaps injured, Toolis may be down the list. RHP, Sefa and Ainsley have recovered from injuries but havent had a run yet this year. No Parling, Weeks, Daley all still getting fit. also agree, only real surprise is starting both Timani and Cottrell perhaps playing off against each other for next week ?
edit and still no Meakes

I've got a sneaky suspicion that one of Toolis and Jeffries was meant to play, but picked up a niggle: if you look at that bench, it's a straight XV, except missing someone in the 4-6 positions and Fa’amasili chucked on the end. There's been a late-ish change somewhere methinks.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Where did the information come from that these players had been cut?

Pama Fou was listed on the previous page in regards to the school allocations, and Shipperley had a profile article about him only a few days ago.

I posted on here a few days ago that they had been cut. Their profiles have just recently been removed from the player list. Profile added in the case of Cottrell.

Maybe they haven't been delisted as such but have had their contracts changed? I've just sent a message to the Rebels asking them to clarify. Probably a bit late in the day to expect a response till tomorrow.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I've got a sneaky suspicion that one of Toolis and Jeffries was meant to play, but picked up a niggle: if you look at that bench, it's a straight XV, except missing someone in the 4-6 positions and Fa’amasili chucked on the end. There's been a late-ish change somewhere methinks.
Well picked and good thought.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

So, Fa’amasili is the bench player for the bench team?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Side note.

Just watched a vid of TT talking about the Reds.

I reckon he looks pretty bloody awesome in a Reds shirt ;p

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Side note.

Just watched a vid of TT talking about the Reds.

I reckon he looks pretty bloody awesome in a Reds shirt ;p

From a Rebels viewpoint, I reckon he would look pretty bloody awesome in any shirt except a dark blue one with stars on it.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I have heard but can't confirm the game tonight will be streamed from the Tahs website. The lack of publicity about this fact has been crap on the Tahs behalf.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rebs should also be telling people there is a stream via the Tahs site. We all need to work together, more traffic through everyones website the better.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I got a reply earlier today from Rebels SM...

"The final Rebels 2018 squad is not being released until tomorrows season launch."

Status
Not open for further replies.