• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Just flew from Melbourne to Auckland with one Sir G Henry on board. Been at a job interview ? One hopes

Ex All Blacks coach who won a World Cup. Yep, I'm up for that, provided he's got the right assistants around him.

Speaking of, the interview process should be done, well first round at least. Think four were on the shortlist.

Further speculation on that list, lads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

daz

Just flew from Melbourne to Auckland with one Sir G Henry on board. Been at a job interview ? One hopes

Hmm. That seems odd. I would not have thought he was wanting to return to Super Rugby, especially in Oz.

Perhaps he was here as a consultant, to assist with the selection/interview panel?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Hmm. That seems odd. I would not have thought he was wanting to return to Super Rugby, especially in Oz.

Perhaps he was here as a consultant, to assist with the selection/interview panel?

Appreantly Rob Clarke has that job.

D

daz

So, from what I can tell, the Force supporters seem happy with the outcome and the Twiggy-Ball comp. Good outcome for them.

As far as player movements are concerned, Newspapers are filling columns with speculation, FOX Sports TV is speculating, other forums are going hard, and it seems silly to not talk about something that is now clearly going to happen.

Embargo lifted, but let's keep it to this thread for now.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So, from what I can tell, the Force supporters seem happy with the outcome and the Twiggy-Ball comp. Good outcome for them.

As far as player movements are concerned, Newspapers are filling columns with speculation, FOX Sports TV is speculating, other forums are going hard, and it seems silly to not talk about something that is now clearly going to happen.

Embargo lifted, but let's keep it to this thread for now.

Good.

So back to Panda's piece. Coleman, the two H-P boys, Dick Hardwick and Sir Lancealot to Melbourne.

The male model Meeks off to the Tahs.

We could do with another LHP. PEK says he wants overseas, how about Vui?

D

daz

Don't want Cowan. Never thought much of him at all.

Coleman, Lance, Hardwick and the HP brothers will do just nicely, thank you.

Not worried about Meakes to the Tahs, but I would have taken him just to spite them. ;)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
We got Horwitz, he can cover more positions. We got enough centres.

Keen for another LHP tho.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Don't want Cowan. Never thought much of him at all.

Coleman, Lance, Hardwick and the HP brothers will do just nicely, thank you.

Not worried about Meakes to the Tahs, but I would have taken him just to spite them. ;)
All of the above plus Vui and Arnold or Philips would be pretty sweet. And, I'd take Meakes any day of the week. A Meakes/Hodge midfield would go alright.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
How does this wish list team look?

1. Fereti
2. Chibba
3. Weeks
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. LT
7. Colby
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. Lance
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Hodge
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Vui
18. Faulkner
19. Arnold
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Horwitz
22. Maddocks
23. Goddard

Reactions: daz

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

1. Fereti
2. Chibba
3. Weeks
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. LT
7. Colby
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. Lance
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Hodge
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Vui
18. Faulkner
19. Arnold
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Horwitz
22. Maddocks
23. Goddard
A month ago I would have been excited at DHP but in all honesty I am excited by Maddocks. His speed and strength last week.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
A month ago I would have been excited at DHP but in all honesty I am excited by Maddocks. His speed and strength last week.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Maddocks is a gun! It was a bloody shame he bunged up his arm last year. Still, I don't think he'd start over DHP, yet (not till round 3 or 4 at least :D).

D

daz

Maddocks is a gun! It was a bloody shame he bunged up his arm last year. Still, I don't think he'd start over DHP, yet (not till round 3 or 4 at least :D).

DHP is a walk up start any day of the week. Young Jack is a real prospect, but he could do with a year or two under Dane's wing, learning the ropes.

D

daz

1. Fereti
2. Chibba
3. Weeks
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. LT
7. Colby
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. Lance
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Hodge
14. Sefa
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Vui
18. Faulkner
19. Arnold
20. Hardwick/RHP
21. Horwitz
22. Maddocks
23. Goddard

Christ in a basket. We might be half a chance to win more than we lose with a team like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.