• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
And they've been playing together well , not just thrown together at the last minute - excellent for next year imo

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
What is it?

15 DHP
14 Maddocks
13 Magney
12 Hodges (until To'omua)
11 Koroibete
10 Cooper (likely)
9 Genia

8 Nasirani
7 Hardwick
6 Jones
5 Coleman
4 Philip
3 Ainsley
2 Uelese
1 Sa’aga

If they don’t make the final 4, it’s ridiculous

Set piece & injuries will be the two factors that will derail this side. We saw when Genia was out they would lose there way a lot of the time.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
What is it?

15 DHP
14 Maddocks
13 Magney
12 Hodges (until To'omua)
11 Koroibete
10 Cooper (likely)
9 Genia

8 Nasirani
7 Hardwick
6 Jones
5 Coleman
4 Philip
3 Ainsley
2 Uelese
1 Sa’aga

If they don’t make the final 4, it’s ridiculous

If they don't win the competition, it's ridiculous!!

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If they don't win the competition, it's ridiculous!!

You might want to look at the Crusaders team first. They are better in every position in the pack and most positions in the backs.

Rebels looking good tho, absolute minimum of finals

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Front row is weak IMO and Hardwick is not a game winner, solid player but arguably worst starting open side in Aus. And QC (Quade Cooper) is very out of form.
Also I'd imagine Meakes would be starting ahead of Magnay?

I'm expecting a similar run to this year, I think as a team that's never made finals there's some weird mental shit to sort out at the club first before they come top 4.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^I rate Sa'aga and Uelese if they can stay fit.

Hardwick works hard but would have McMahon, Colby or Reid ahead of him every day of the week.

Couldn't agree more, top 6 is a pass mark. Still don't believe finals should be top 8.

B

Bobby Sands

Front row is weak IMO and Hardwick is not a game winner, solid player but arguably worst starting open side in Aus. And QC (Quade Cooper) is very out of form.
Also I'd imagine Meakes would be starting ahead of Magnay?

I'm expecting a similar run to this year, I think as a team that's never made finals there's some weird mental shit to sort out at the club first before they come top 4.

I agree, the team looks great - but the front row is weak.

Uelese and Sa'aga have great potential no doubt, but Slipper would have been a great get.

Will contend heavily for Australian title, which you need to win to have a chance.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also the continuing underperformance of the Rising isn't doing much to change my mind.

Though it was nice to see that Cooper had a nice game on the weekend for Brisbane City. And maybe Genia is the man to wind the clock back for QC (Quade Cooper) and ignite that 2011 halves partnership magic again.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
In other news, and entirely unrelated, the Rebels motor bike group came to Melbourne today. I say this is totally unrelated, but I do remember quite a few years ago, maybe 2013 when we had a Rebels rider on a Harley lap the field before the game - anyone remember that?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hope Tuipulotu is showing some signs for the Rising, because lord knows you need a 13 who can tackle if English is off.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
I see Pone was on the bench yesterday for the Rising. Was it his first game since the shenanigans and does that mean he is out of purgatory?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scrum was dramatically better once Sa’aga came on, the biggest concern was Erasmus he was smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.