• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So you dont call being on the road/ away from home for on average 9 weeks for some of those teams not comparable, and some missing New Years with their family and other celebrations as well not comparable?? Mate i was falling into a bit of sympathy for you guys but slowly im starting to come to the conclusion suck it up buttercups, because its what you get paid to do!
And before you say yeah theyve had to drop things suddenly and go well so did all those other teams that i've mentioned!

It's relative to the rest of the competition, not what other competitions had to do.

Clearly the Rebels are at a disadvantage currently in Super Rugby because they're the only team currently having to live away from home due to COVID restrictions.

Reactions: dru

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Mate everyone has had to adjust. Basketball, cricket, soccer, rugby, league.. My wifes work! We're all in the same boat! Don't cry poor and threaten to walk away thinking you're more important than the everyone else. Mate i reckon its a shit situation the whole country has been put into but other sports are proving it can be done and theyve all sacrificed something in one way or another to finish their season. This time its the rebels who have to do it again due to some shit luck.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Mate everyone has had to adjust. Basketball, cricket, soccer, rugby, league.. My wifes work! We're all in the same boat! Don't cry poor and threaten to walk away thinking you're more important than the everyone else. Mate i reckon its a shit situation the whole country has been put into but other sports are proving it can be done and theyve all sacrificed something in one way or another to finish their season. This time its the rebels who have to do it again due to some shit luck.

Everyone else is trying to make it work, but no one else is willing to compromise at all. That's the issue.

And it's really WA that's making it more difficult then needs to be, let the Rebels return home and play in front of there fans next week. If the WAs government won't allow the Rebels into WA then reverse that fixture and Force can come to Melbourne.

Also don't tell me other sports are proving it can be done, Adelaide v Perth was postponed in the A League as they had travelled to Melbourne a week prior to the outbreaks.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Mate other sports all over summer have had to move fixtures left, right and centre. To no fault of any of the players, support staff, wives, newborns etc. Its shit nothing we can do about it but like i said hopefully the support is in place for the players, families, support staff etc to use and get through a very unprecedented situation. What doesn't kill you hopefully makes you stronger!!

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
This time its the rebels who have to do it again due to some shit luck. two state premiers who have built their pandemic politics on closing their border due to being shit scared around a covid break out costing them an election

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)

In some parts of that comment Scoff i think you're correct. But on the other hand in WA we have a fucken shitload of resources, which provide money for all Australians, to protect. On average each mining camp has say 600 people on a rotating basis on average fortnightly now if for instance we opened the border for any Tom, Dick or Mexican and a case went through just one, of which there is atleast 20 i know of, well then that operation has to shut its doors and quarantine those workers for 2 weeks> Monetary terms to the economy more than you or I would never be able to comprehend. Also we've been told by the federal govt to protect the BIO security area up North of our state where most of these mines are located. So yeah im pretty fucken cool with it even to the detriment temporarily of my wifes job! Maybe if old Scotty from marketing took control of the country in the first place we might not have the same issues. But i'm certainly appreciative of not being in the state that Europe or The US is in.
But that shit needs to be discussed on another forum.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
NSW and ACT are open to Victoria. That's why a game in Northern NSW would have been the fair option this week.

As for WA the Rebels should just not go. It is a WA problem, not Victorian one. Let them sort it out.
Exactly if they aren’t willing to host us fuck them.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
If WA won’t have us then they can come here. We have done enough and to not play a home game to round 5 is beyond ridiculous. Move the game to a Saturday then the force can go home on the Sunday and not have to quarantine. Sunday all things going right will be 28 days of zero cases of community transmission meaning the WA border will be open.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Makes sense. We haven’t lost any home games and will have 5 straight weeks at home (inc the bye). Get 1 win from first 3 games and in a fairly strong spot to qualify for top 3

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm nervous about these constant references to "huge concerns for player welfare". I hope this is just Rebels being smart and trying to garner some sympathy and not any serious discontent or depression in the camp.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
4894FAB2-4222-4540-9CF6-B8A3CC045DB6.jpeg

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm nervous about these constant references to "huge concerns for player welfare". I hope this is just Rebels being smart and trying to garner some sympathy and not any serious discontent or depression in the camp.
They are just looking after their staff (players, coaches etc). It will adversely affect the group.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
This is absolutely pathetic. Members and fans have been let down, Rugby Australia owed us. Not playing into Melbourne until round 5 is fucking pathetic

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
They are just looking after their staff (players, coaches etc). It will adversely affect the group.

So imagine your wife has relocated down to Melbourne in the summer of 2019 ready for pre-season. You hit the road in March, come back in June. She is in lockdown during that, no family, minimal friends for on the ground support. Get out the end of that, things are looking pretty good in Melbourne, then all of a sudden you are out the door and in a car heading for Canberra to ride out the snap lockdown. You get home four weeks later. Interstate people don't get how bad lockdown 2 was for many.

If there aren't issues in the camp, maybe some serious, I would be shocked.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
^^^consider 3 AFL coaches marriages all feel apart last year , we know that To'omua falls in that vote as well, so yes serious issues