• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So I saw this pop up on my LinkedIn feed.

agl-clickenergy.JPG

Either means the sponsorship deal is dead, or that a bigger fish may wish to get on board as a sponsor?

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I was so disappointed with how lacklustre we looked on Saturday, especially in the first half. We were lucky the ref didn't review our last two tries, we would/should be out the comp now. Not complaining BTW :)

Rhetorical question for us long suffering Rebels fans - What need to be done to get us playing with the energy and ability we showed against the Brumbies a few of weeks ago?

Is it the players, the coaches?

We've got great performances in us, just so inconsistent

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I was so disappointed with how lacklustre we looked on Saturday, especially in the first half. We were lucky the ref didn't review our last two tries, we would/should be out the comp now. Not complaining BTW :)

Rhetorical question for us long suffering Rebels fans - What need to be done to get us playing with the energy and ability we showed against the Brumbies a few of weeks ago?

Is it the players, the coaches?

We've got great performances in us, just so inconsistent

First positional swap for Saturday would be Tuttle for Lomani. Frank's service all aroun the field was poor, and I think Bobby has played well in the time hes spend on the field.

Wonder how DHP is recovering? Do we bring him in for this crunch clash?

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Agreed, how many balls did first receiver have to catch above their head?!

We just weren't at he races for a majority of the match - this happened a couple of time in the run in last season.

DHP's great, but would that he really have affected the match.

It appears to me we don't handle pressure well. Against the Brumbies, as underdogs in awful weather we looked great.

Add the pressure of the securing our first finals spot - we looked anxious and scared to lose.

First positional swap for Saturday would be Tuttle for Lomani. Frank's service all aroun the field was poor, and I think Bobby has played well in the time hes spend on the field.

Wonder how DHP is recovering? Do we bring him in for this crunch clash?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Jury is out on Deegan. Costly errors and not as accurate as he was against the Brumbies. We might have got lucky with a couple of tries, but that evens out the stupid Matt Phillip Yellow. Yes we were warned but hardly offenses in quick succession like the Tahs did. The ref was being a modern-day parent - giving everyone the same to be fair, even if they didn't deserve it.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Need someone other than Philip and Naisarani offering post contact meters. Agree with Lomani, he’s either on or off. Extremely inconsistent so agree that Tuttle is the better option on current form.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So I saw this pop up on my LinkedIn feed.

View attachment 11787

Either means the sponsorship deal is dead, or that a bigger fish may wish to get on board as a sponsor?

AGL will likely retain the ‘Click Energy’ brand, they will just be owned by AGL. Click will still be looking at its own sponsorship and marketing opportunities.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
AGL will likely retain the ‘Click Energy’ brand, they will just be owned by AGL. Click will still be looking at its own sponsorship and marketing opportunities.

I dunno. The whole Energy Retail market is struggling for numbers, so my take is AGL is jsut buying the book of customers, not the brand. If they plan to run like a "budget" kind of brand, mich like what the insurance industry do, then perhaps they will keep time name.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
A great statement of intent by the Force, luring Tom Roberston out west. For shits and giggles, who in the current Rebels squad due you think could be tempted to move back to Perth next season, perhaps Dickie Hardwick for example, Either of the H-Ps?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A great statement of intent by the Force, luring Tom Roberston out west. For shits and giggles, who in the current Rebels squad due you think could be tempted to move back to Perth next season, perhaps Dickie Hardwick for example, Either of the H-Ps?

I think Dane has a year or 2 left to run on his contract, not sure about Ross. Otherwise I believe they're already talking to Cottrell and I'd put money on him returning to Perth. Beyond that I wouldn't be surprised if Deegan was a target, especially if the rebels have signed Carter Gordon. With all the talk of Meakes being in discussion with MLR he'd be another to try and get back.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Agree with all the above - I think it will be tough for Gus to get back into the 1st XV- probably our strongest area.

I think Dane has a year or 2 left to run on his contract, not sure about Ross. Otherwise I believe they're already talking to Cottrell and I'd put money on him returning to Perth. Beyond that I wouldn't be surprised if Deegan was a target, especially if the rebels have signed Carter Gordon. With all the talk of Meakes being in discussion with MLR he'd be another to try and get back.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
So who do we cut and who do we target for next year?

It'll be more a case as to who leaves - Kellaway and Philip already confirmed - if you listen to the rumours Gus, Meakes are on their way - Is English coming back? So the midfield needs reinforcement - I would like to see a wrecking ball midfielder - a Moeroa or Paisami type always add something when they play.

Our pack looks good - plenty of depth.

I think Deegan's contract is ending, a gun (experienced) fly half to compete with To'omua will be key I think