• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Would be nice if the Rebels finally bit the bullet and moved away from the Blue jersey to Pink (Or any other color not worn in Super Rugby.) 3 out of 5 teams having a blue kit is a bit laughable at this stage.
Navy blue is the colour of Victoria and they are a side for all of Victoria

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Pictures on Facebook of today's training show Skelton, Holland, Anderson, Pincus, Vab Nek, RHP and Orr. Couple of others that I don't immediately recognise.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
#rebel 2021 update

so far 2020 to 2021 looks like this, have i missed any outs or ins
Rangi
Deegan
Kellaway
Cottrell?
Meakes?
Killingwoth
Wilkin
Eloff
Orr
Magnay
DHP
Moore
Haangana
Sa’aga
Lomani
Koegelenberg
Potter
Naisarani
Tuttle
Ainsley
Uelese
Kemeny
Jones
Koroibete
Gibbon
Philip?
Too’mua
Erasmus
Wells
Fa’amausili
Hodge
Hardwick
Leota
RHP
Louwrens
R Smith
Tupou
English
Hosea
Ins
Cummins
Tonumaipea
Powell
J Skelton
Pincus
L Holland
Andersen
Van Nek

Ed Graig
C.Gordon
M.Gordon

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Navy blue is the colour of Victoria and they are a side for all of Victoria
Well while that's true.

The Rebels are 10 years old and still have not really developed a identity in Melbourne. Storm is the perfect example, anyone in Melbourne sees purple sports gear knows it's Storm. Anyone seeing Rebels gear outside of rugby fans and die hard sports fans has no clue.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I really liked the Melbourne Rebels pink and blue jerseys form a few years ago, might have been the NRC variation, but they were good designs.

I agree about the colours though, too many Super Rugby teams teams use blue as their primary colour which can make it confusing for the causal fan.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I honestly think Carter Gordon will be ready for Super Rugby in 2021. I have him as a better player as of right now then all 3 Brumbies 10's and I'd have him in front of Donaldson.

Based on two half seasons of QPR? The kid will be good but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I really liked the Melbourne Rebels pink and blue jerseys form a few years ago, might have been the NRC variation, but they were good designs.

I agree about the colours though, too many Super Rugby teams teams use blue as their primary colour which can make it confusing for the causal fan.

That was the Melbourne Rising jersey - and you're right, it was the absolute donkey's

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I honestly think Carter Gordon will be ready for Super Rugby in 2021. I have him as a better player as of right now then all 3 Brumbies 10's and I'd have him in front of Donaldson.
Did you hear the news? The Reds just signed Michael Lynagh’s 17 yo son who plays flyhalf. That’s going to add a dimension to our Wallabies flyhalf future, if he’s all he’s stacked up to be.
I’m still filthy about the Gordons going to the Rebels and agree that Carter is a better player than those mentioned. Still to be proven.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
Maybe a jersey to match these....

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Better than Lolesio? Awesome. Let's get the kid on the paddock.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
Wouldn’t the most likely midfield look like

Hodge / Too’mua / Magnay

And a back 3 of

Korobeite/ ? / DHP

There is always the option of swapping Magnay out to wing and Hodge out wider and giving Tuttle his shot at 10

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Well while that's true.

The Rebels are 10 years old and still have not really developed a identity in Melbourne. Storm is the perfect example, anyone in Melbourne sees purple sports gear knows it's Storm. Anyone seeing Rebels gear outside of rugby fans and die hard sports fans has no clue.
Changing their colours want gain any more attention as it’s only rugby people who know that their is a clash

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Changing their colours want gain any more attention as it’s only rugby people who know that their is a clash

I am surprised by how much Rebels kit I have seen out in public lately. I know it's like when you buy a new car, you see the same car everywhere, but during lockdown while exercising, I have seen many (different) people out there in Rebels merch (and I thought I bought it all!). There are more people than you think who know who the Rebels are. Just because someone says they have no idea who the Rebels are means no one does. If I am in a store and somewhere and I am wearing some Rebels gear, I often get asked "how are they going this year"? No, they obviously don't follow them, but they know who they are. Some positivity, people!

Yes, more people need to know, I am not arguing that - it's just a bloody tough market.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I am surprised by how much Rebels kit I have seen out in public lately. I know it's like when you buy a new car, you see the same car everywhere, but during lockdown while exercising, I have seen many (different) people out there in Rebels merch (and I thought I bought it all!). There are more people than you think who know who the Rebels are. Just because someone says they have no idea who the Rebels are means no one does. If I am in a store and somewhere and I am wearing some Rebels gear, I often get asked "how are they going this year"? No, they obviously don't follow them, but they know who they are. Some positivity, people!

Yes, more people need to know, I am not arguing that - it's just a bloody tough market.

Look the brand is growing, I am a proud member of the club and have a fair bit of Rebels gear myself. I am just opposed to changing the colours as I don’t think it will help us gain more exposure

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I expect there to be a huge amount more positive coverage in The Age this year with the Stan connection. That should drive exposure.

Look the brand is growing, I am a proud member of the club and have a fair bit of Rebels gear myself. I am just opposed to changing the colours as I don’t think it will help us gain more exposure