• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wouldnt mind bringing Benny Taps home to Melbourne to finally play a season where he grew up. Could be a good squad option for centre spots kinda like how Hanson has been for the hooker role this season.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Lomani I believe is fielding offers elsewhere next season. Be interesting to see who is been lined up as a 3rd scrum half. Would be great to see Lomani in the Fijian Super Rugby side

Ben Meehan?

Saw that, you would think as the Fiji 9 he would be one of the top targets for the drua.

I would have like DC to coach us next yr & bring Goddard back as the 21 & tuttle as the 3rd string, but that is looking more unlikely.

I think we have a young scrum half in our academy maybe give him a crack.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Saw that, you would think as the Fiji 9 he would be one of the top targets for the drua.

I would have like DC to coach us next yr & bring Goddard back as the 21 & tuttle as the 3rd string, but that is looking more unlikely.

I think we have a young scrum half in our academy maybe give him a crack.
Maurice Longbottom to fill that back up 9 / bench utility spot??? Would love to see an NRC to see if he could make it

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
So what do we think the starting XV will be next year? Are we likely to improve or go backwards?
Front 5 to improve with Philip coming through and the guys already there been a year older (Pone, Eloff, Uelese, Hosea) all 24 or younger.

Back row solid

9, 10, 12 sorted

Just the 13 and outside backs are a major concern. No Koroibete, no idea what’s happening with DHP, etc. Hodge will fill a role at 13 or 15 depending on retirement of DHP.

Lack of strike players is going to be the biggest issue with scoring points

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
1 Orr
2 Uelese
3 Eloff/Fa’amasuili
4 Philip
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Wilkin
8 Wells
9 Powell
10 Gordon
11 Tonumaipea
12 To’omua
13 Magnay
14 Anderson
15 Hodge

For players that are going to be around next year, obviously will change with signings, re-signings, retirements or players offered the option to hopefully

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Front 5 to improve with Philip coming through and the guys already there been a year older (Pone, Eloff, Uelese, Hosea) all 24 or younger.

Back row solid

9, 10, 12 sorted

Just the 13 and outside backs are a major concern. No Koroibete, no idea what’s happening with DHP, etc. Hodge will fill a role at 13 or 15 depending on retirement of DHP.

Lack of strike players is going to be the biggest issue with scoring points

'Back row solid' has always been our problem. With Naisarani leaving, we're back to good, reliable toilers but no Wallabies contenders. May as well have Fainga'a and Fuglistaller again. I'm hoping Kemney steps up, what happened to him? I presume he's injured.

Still sad about Leota leaving but he'll be back.

Yes, outside backs will be a problem. Hopefully DHP is shipshape and with Kellaway on one wing that looks a bit better.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1 Orr
2 Uelese
3 Eloff/Fa’amasuili
4 Philip
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Wilkin
8 Wells
9 Powell
10 Gordon
11 Tonumaipea
12 To’omua
13 Magnay
14 Anderson
15 Hodge

For players that are going to be around next year, obviously will change with signings, re-signings, retirements or players offered the option to hopefully

Anderson will still be here? I thought he was back to 7s.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
1 Orr
2 Uelese
3 Eloff/Fa’amasuili
4 Philip
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Wilkin
8 Wells
9 Powell
10 Gordon
11 Tonumaipea
12 To’omua
13 Magnay
14 Anderson
15 Hodge

Andrew Kellaway sticking around?