• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So the club said last week they have 27 players signed up for next season. As per Reg there is 16 plus Nowlan according to his Instagram post last week which leaves 10 of the following

Unsigned:
Ed Craig (2021?)
Matt Gibbon (2021)
Rhys Van Nek (2021?)
Cabous Eloff (2021?)
Rob Leota (2021)
Richard Hardwick (2021)
Ross Haylett-Petty (2021?)
James Tuttle (2021)
Theo Strang (2021)
Carter Gordon (2021?)
Lewis Holland (2021)
Mason Gordon (2021?)

Ed Craig was in the video of leaving players but not named on the website. Not sure if Mason Gordon was actually signed up full time nor Isaac Aedo Kailea, but hopefully they are apart of the 27 or close to getting re signed. George Worth was an injury cover 1 season contract.

Found this article https://www.rugbypass.com/news/melb...uo-to-squad-ahead-of-super-rugby-au-kick-off/ about the 2 Argentine boys but gives no time on it.
Matt Gibbon is staying, just bought a place with his partner, I am his building manager

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd be surprised if you didn't hang onto Van Nek, He didn't get much game time because of injury but was generally picked when fit. He's a great young prospect and if you don't resign someone else will likely jump at the chance. He'd probably be straight onto the bench for the tahs and pushing for it at the Brumbies and Force.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'd be surprised if you didn't hang onto Van Nek, He didn't get much game time because of injury but was generally picked when fit. He's a great young prospect and if you don't resign someone else will likely jump at the chance. He'd probably be straight onto the bench for the tahs and pushing for it at the Brumbies and Force.

Yes I'm very keen to see him develop.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

I like Van Nek as well but at full strength at THP we have Eloff/Pone & even if he is one of the few old school props that can play both sides we have Orr/Gibbon on the other side. Tahs might be a good option they are screaming for a decent 3

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I like Van Nek as well but at full strength at THP we have Eloff/Pone & even if he is one of the few old school props that can play both sides we have Orr/Gibbon on the other side. Tahs might be a good option they are screaming for a decent 3

Tahs want a big man - Eloff off contract. Might be him that goes

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Could the go back to Elof at 1 and Pone 3?

Cameron Orr is a very underrated LHP. He was unlucky to miss the wallabies squad last year & he is just coming to that quality age. Sio looks on a downward trend & you would think Slipper will go to japan after RWC 2023 meaning Orr is a real shot for a fair few wallabies caps behind Bell.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apparently major Rebels announcements tonight on Rugby Heaven. It says announcements, plural. Signings + Foote as coach?