• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
For the record I don’t think any of these guys are any better than solid squad players.

IMO, all of them (except maybe Cotton, considering Uelese and Hanson are both quality players) could make the current Rebels 23. I would take Kuenzle at 10 over To'omua, Henry at 13 over Ily and Tapine or Reilly over Lomani at 14. They're also all young, so would have time to develop, and could hopefully stick around for a long time.

That makes sense about Tupou though. A shame, but hopefully we can get him back at some point.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
IMO, all of them (except maybe Cotton, considering Uelese and Hanson are both quality players) could make the current Rebels 23. I would take Kuenzle at 10 over To'omua, Henry at 13 over Ily and Tapine or Reilly over Lomani at 14. They're also all young, so would have time to develop, and could hopefully stick around for a long time.

That makes sense about Tupou though. A shame, but hopefully we can get him back at some point.

I think they're exactly the types of targets the Rebels need to be going for. Nailed the examples IMO. We see what time in a quality system can do, so if the Rebels' coaching structures are strong enough, they'll develop.

If I look back two years ago or so, at players who weren't playing consistently in Super Rugby who might have been worth a Rebels offer of 2-3 years, Muirhead, Mafi, Ryan Lonergan are the types who come to mind

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Wessels’ future is up in the air. He is off contract at the end of the season and Wallabies legend Tim Horan stirred the pot this week by saying Wessels was a “dead man walking”. However, Stephenson offered hope for the embattled coach.
“From my point of view there has been no discussion to suggest otherwise that he’s not going to be head coach for the 2021 season,” Stephenson said. “We’re committed to Dave and Dave is working his backside off
“There has been no clear decisions on Dave’s future in the short term or the long term. It’s about us getting in the finals this week.
“The board and I haven’t made any key decisions on 2022 and beyond. Ultimately we’re probably halfway through our 2021 season. We know where we’re at.”
Kiss of death?

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
For sh!ts and giggles, who would we like to see come into the squad next year?

I would love to see Higgers have a swansong in SRAU
Yeah, but somewhere else please. He was good for us for a year but was a penalty magnet after that. No different everyelse he has gone. I'd like to see Mitch Inman come back. I felt he was a solid 13 and wasted at 12 where he was more like a backrow

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, but somewhere else please. He was good for us for a year but was a penalty magnet after that. No different everyelse he has gone. I'd like to see Mitch Inman come back. I felt he was a solid 13 and wasted at 12 where he was more like a backrow
Inman has been available all season. He actually reached out to the Tahs at start of the season and they said no

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Inman couldn't pass and didn't have that edge to score many trys, a poor man's Kerevi.

I'd take Sefa back seeing we are loosing Koroibete