• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm counting 41 in the squad at the moment (Wikipedia + adding Eloff, the Gordons), no doubt we'll resign a couple more props - will take us to about 45!!

The wage bill must be huge!

I wonder if we'll get any more?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I'm counting 41 in the squad at the moment (Wikipedia + adding Eloff, the Gordons), no doubt we'll resign a couple more props - will take us to about 45!!

The wage bill must be huge!

I wonder if we'll get any more?

I believe that Nowlan & Van Nek have both been re signed but not announced. I am thinking that the announcement of the 8 RV kids is actually our development squad & not on the actually squad.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just quietly, off-season confidence is growing: we’ll never replace Koroibete but Kellaway is looking so deadly, Gordon will only get better. Hopefully To’omua & Hodge can regain some form.

Philip looks to be the form lock in the competition. With him, Pone, Uelese & Leota there’s some real venom in the pack.

Weak link for me is Powell, disappointing so far when compared to the other starting 9s. Don’t know what to do with him.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I wonder if Stiles is talking to Cooper about a return? He'd have the best relationship with Quade of anyone involved in a super side at the moment and Quade would be a great option to help bring Gordon on

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Just quietly, off-season confidence is growing: we’ll never replace Koroibete but Kellaway is looking so deadly, Gordon will only get better. Hopefully To’omua & Hodge can regain some form.

Philip looks to be the form lock in the competition. With him, Pone, Uelese & Leota there’s some real venom in the pack.

Weak link for me is Powell, disappointing so far when compared to the other starting 9s. Don’t know what to do with him.
Pack looks solid, but wish we still had Naisarani in the back row with Leota

Biggest worry for me is the centre pairing. To'omua/Ily doesn't inspire much confidence.

Really hoping Vudogo or someone else steps up at 13.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I wonder if Stiles is talking to Cooper about a return? He'd have the best relationship with Quade of anyone involved in a super side at the moment and Quade would be a great option to help bring Gordon on
I love Quade but think our money would be better spent elsewheere. Gordon already looks so mature and I think between
To’omua & Hodge he’ll have enough help.

also don’t know if Quade would be the best teacher, he’s such a freak of nature compared to the drilled, methodical other two.

Do we assume all the cash from Koroibete, DHP, Naisarani has gone to locking up our improved other players?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I love Quade but think our money would be better spent elsewheere. Gordon already looks so mature and I think between
To’omua & Hodge he’ll have enough help.

also don’t know if Quade would be the best teacher, he’s such a freak of nature compared to the drilled, methodical other two.

Do we assume all the cash from Koroibete, DHP, Naisarani has gone to locking up our improved other players?
He was bought into wallaby camp at least in part in a coaching and mentoring role, I think he has heaps to offer in that space. Don't forget that for all Quade's mercurial talents his game has evolved significantly over his career, that hard work and learning is something that can absolutely be passed on. He might also be great support for a relatively young coaching team.

That said it would likely depend on whether or not he's a good fit for the rest of the coaching setup, but having worked with him in Brisbane and Osaka, Stiles would have a pretty good idea on that.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i think QC (Quade Cooper) will stay in Japan, he is happy there, being paid more and will apparently be allowed to play for Australia as well as Kintetsu. having said that i'd be very happy for hime to come back to Melbourne and mentor Gordon. He also appears to have taken both Rob Leota ad Pone F under his wing, particularly Pone as a work in progress.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rebels are likely going to benefit from QC (Quade Cooper) anyway. From The Australian yesterday
It’s a discipline that has him fitter than ever, despite being 33. He has gone from sleeping in to being a “morning person” and seeing the sunrise. He works out in both in-season and off. Cooper is all about going above and beyond.

Last year he started to train at 5am with his “original” crew; his little brother Moses, Jermaine Pangai, rugby league player Tevita Pangai Junior and Dyl Brunt. His recent Instagram posts are a montage of tough sweat sessions.

It’s a habit he has brought to Wallabies camp. He and his “roomie” Duncan Paia’aua, as well as Rob Leota and Pone Faamausili have been starting their day before sunrise. It is Faamausili who has benefited from this “habit” encouraged by Cooper.

“We would get up, work out early and we started planting seeds with Pone to help with his discipline so he could find better habits in life and footy,” Cooper says. “To see him where he is now from six weeks ago and he looks like a different man really. For me, I get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing guys want more for themselves or to be better themselves rather than, you know, people feeding them the information that they have to do it. I’m super proud of him as a team member, also just as a man.”

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

I actually thought Joey was one of our more consistent players last season. His box kicking needs alot of work & the coaching seemed to be at all cost let matt t clear it. But his passing is up there with all other SRAU 9's, can snipe (maybe not as good as tate or gordan). I dont think the defensive style of Wessles helped. I certainly think he needs to step up as a leader & needs to be better by actually chatting with the referee.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Rebels are likely going to benefit from QC (Quade Cooper) anyway. From The Australian yesterday
Love reading stuff like this. It's giving me immense vicarious satisfaction to watch Quade's maturity grow. He was an easy target for a long time, but seems to be developing into a role model, rather than a fancy stepper with a flash haircut.