• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Brumbies 2.35pm 07/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels would do their final hopes an absolute service if they could somehow pick up this game.

Brumbies need to squish the Rebels to get a home semi. Brumbies by 15.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No game is a gimme. Any side can win on the day (well, maybe not Moana) and the Rebels have history of wins against the odds playing the Brumbies. I'll be hoping for a bonus point win but not expecting it.

Any news out of the Rebels about Carter Gordon's status? He will be a big loss for the spectacle of the game if out.

I think both Pete Samu and Len Ikitau will be back this week, and I'm hoping to see Tom Hooper start to make a return via the bench over the next week or two.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Rebels win unless Gordon is unavailable due to the head knock
That would truly be a disaster for Gordon. To miss the match-up with Lolesio would definitely not promote his Wallaby chances. I assume that the match review committee has not cited the offending player, when I saw it on TV in the match I thought it was a definite red card (late and to the head). Citing roulette I guess.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
That would truly be a disaster for Gordon. To miss the match-up with Lolesio would definitely not promote his Wallaby chances. I assume that the match review committee has not cited the offending player, when I saw it on TV in the match I thought it was a definite red card (late and to the head). Citing roulette I guess.
Yeah it had to be a red card. Was a disgrace.

Hope he can play, he is ahead of Noah and we have two match ups against the Brumbies

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Carter is ahead of Lolesio on form so far this season and it would be unfortunate to see him out, although from what I saw he would have had to be slightly concussed from the late hit?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Think the team named for the Brumbies this week is their best

Slipper
Lonergan
Ala'alatoa
Swain
Frost
Valetini
Brown
Samu
White
Lolesio
Toole
Tua
Ikitau
Muirhead
Wright

IMO Brown brings a physicality that helps a lot. Especially with this current Rebels team

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
YOUNG-FLYHALF-BOWL LETTT'SS GOOO

Sunday 7 May 2:35 pm AEST – Melbourne Rebels v ACT Brumbies at AAMI Park, ad-free, live and on demand on Stan Sport

REBELS (1-15):
Matt Gibbon, Alex Mafi, Sam Talakai, Angelo Smith, Trevor Hosea, Josh Kemeny, Brad Wilkin (c), Richard Hardwick, Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Monty Ioane, Stacey Ili, Reece Hodge, Lachie Anderson, Andrew Kellaway

RESERVES: Jordan Uelese, Cabous Eloff, Pone Fa'amausili, Tim Cardell, Vaiolini Ekuasi, James Tuttle, David Feliuai, Joe Pincus

BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Billy Pollard, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Tom Hooper, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford

Referee: James Doleman

Assistant Referees: Fraser Hannon, Natarsha Ganley

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow that Brumbies side. Not a single injured player from a strongest 23 is there? Or is Scott injured (assume Neville is rested or not required)

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wow that Brumbies side. Not a single injured player from a strongest 23 is there? Or is Scott injured (assume Neville is rested)
Tom Hooper?

edit: sorry just saw him on the bench. Yeah bunch of pricks with no injuries.

Rebels getting close too. I think we're just missing Leota & Philip.

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Toss of the coin, depending on the idiosyncracies of Doleman in the middle.

Anyway, exciting to see both Isi and Tom Hooper back on the field.

EDIT : again I pose the question why a derby in Aus should have a NZ ref? The game is clearly officiated differently in both countries and we would generally have better contests with one of our own refs (Murphy aside).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Toss of the coin, depending on the idiosyncracies of Doleman in the middle.

Anyway, exciting to see both Isi and Tom Hooper back on the field.

EDIT : again I pose the question why a derby in Aus should have a NZ ref? The game is clearly officiated differently in both countries and we would generally have better contests with one of our own refs (Murphy aside).
neutrality? I think most people would rather a foreign ref for a home country derby

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Amateurs.

1683174248557.jpeg

AMATEURS

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Just get a Melbourne ref in so just for once we know what it’s like to be favoured.

The only ref you wouldn’t want is Reuben Keane. He is originally from ACT but had to move to QLD to QPR to be taken seriously (& for his better judgment) is now one of the premier Australian referees going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.