• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Drua

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
thought CG had a cracking game last night. The goal kicking is getting better but Noah would be ahead if flyhalf wallaby jersey is picked on goal kicking alone.

the real interesting wallaby jersey up for grab is 13. Flook Daugunu and Ikitau - going to be a huge selection headache there for Joe Schmidt.

Josh Canham also a wallaby bolter. Great workrate

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I thi, they are going to Drua will struggle for a while now(I think) . After 2 rcs a few teams are going to think lets niggle them and go for reaction, lets face it both were dumb red cards, Lomani if he hadn't of done it sure was going to get a penalty awarded for being taken out behind the ruck etc, someone like Nic White would of thrown himself to ground so Damon couldn't of missed it. And the dumb shit, getting mouthed at in face, don't do dumb halfbaked headbutt (that only grazed the fella), you perhaps push him away, and save it or something a lot more intelligent than giving a ref no choice but rc you. As I say I suspect it will hurt them for next few games at least.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree. It looked suspect and the fact they didn't look more closely was as questionable as them not looking more closely at the earlier one which it looked that he got, but there was a bit of that game which I'm not sure Murphy was over.
I think Murphy didn't get on top of a lot of niggle etc and let the game get out of control. One of the lesser refs performances this year.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
thought CG had a cracking game last night. The goal kicking is getting better but Noah would be ahead if flyhalf wallaby jersey is picked on goal kicking alone.

the real interesting wallaby jersey up for grab is 13. Flook Daugunu and Ikitau - going to be a huge selection headache there for Joe Schmidt.

Josh Canham also a wallaby bolter. Great workrate
Agree on Canhams workrate but his hands let him down on a few critical occasions.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think Murphy didn't get on top of a lot of niggle etc and let the game get out of control. One of the lesser refs performances this year.
I did like his quick decisions and reticence to use the tmo, even if it did go against the rebels once or twice. Just makes the game more interesting and watchable.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree on Canhams workrate but his hands let him down on a few critical occasions.
I think he's trying to do 5-10% too much after last year when he pulled off some fabulous offloads and short passes. But he's a baby giraffe, he's got effort, smarts and size in spades, it's just about getting the right balance in the gym and learning to keep calm between the ears.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
If I was Schmidt I would be considering Canham for a bench spot though maybe a little early. I would love to be picking Flook at 13 for his attacking capabilities but some of his defensive reads have me a little worried so Ititkau may be the better choice. CG would still be my starting 10 his defensive capabilities gives him the nod over any of the other 10s in my opinion. He is also probably the most likely to pull of something extraordinary to break open a defense. Noah is more steady than CG but he doesn't have the flair that CG has. It was a little like the Cooper versus Foley debate, I was always firmly in the Cooper camp as the brain farts will come but so do the moments of brilliance. If he couldn't defend in the line then I think you would have to go with a 10 who sits a little deeper in attack as the transition between attack and defense is too great when you attack up in the line.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Most of the niggle was also very much in his field of vision, eg, the Lomani rabbit killer was right next to him. As I said at the very start to the game, Murphy is a prime example of why TMOs are required in the game. Too many errors and unseen law contraventions.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
They have to make a statement and ban Lomani for the rest of the year. It was the act of a coward and the most pathetic action I have seen on field in a long time

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You can’t ban his friends collective punishment is wrong. If they themselves are not guilty of anything.

Well…

“Absolutely disgusted with a group of Rebel supporters who threw racial slurs at Frank Lomani tonight,” Tuidraki wrote.

“They were becoming more obnoxious as they drank. So when Frank came off they proceeded to scream at him ‘F— off’ and then the cherry on top ‘black c—’. AAMI security were hopeless, the Drua supporters asked security to eject them all.”

A man was evicted from AAMI Park after the alleged incident.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
GAGR 24/7 Emergency Standby Screenshotting Team
Announcement:

46jszr.gif

rebels.png

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I must say I like how the card system worked. I like that a red after an off field review is a 20 minute red card and a straight red keeps them off. It would have been a travesty if Lomani was able to be replaced

Reactions: dru