• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Drua

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1969-Mission-Control-celebrating-courtesy-NASA-1100x715.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It makes no sense. 30% of Australian population was born overseas...
Of course it makes no sense, racists aren't usually sensible, in most part they are idiots and cowards (do it behind backs, or in this case surrounded by crowd etc when pissed). You know perhaps the bit disappointng thing, if those ones sitting with him were friends or whatever, none appaered to be telling him to pull head in!

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Of course it makes no sense, racists aren't usually sensible, in most part they are idiots and cowards (do it behind backs, or in this case surrounded by crowd etc when pissed). You know perhaps the bit disappointng thing, if those ones sitting with him were friends or whatever, none appaered to be telling him to pull head in!
In no way am I defending his actions but I think a lot of what is described as a racist attack is just someone with poor language skills who is trying to find an adjective to describe the person. If it was a second rower they may yell out "tall c#*t", a prop "fat c#*t" etc.

He is a piece of crap that should be banned for life but there are times that I believe describing skin colour is not designed to be racist, kind of like Sam Kerr.

As we saw in Sam Kerr's incident the determining factor is what the victim feels, and in this case it was offensive to the victim and therefore anything but a life ban is to lenient. His mates are also epic fuckwits for not pulling him up

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Sam Kerr comments came to mind when I heard the allegation. I won’t use one instance to defend the other but I hope everyone hottake on racist rebels man is consistent with whatever opinion you had with Sam Kerr.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
In no way am I defending his actions but I think a lot of what is described as a racist attack is just someone with poor language skills who is trying to find an adjective to describe the person. If it was a second rower they may yell out "tall c#*t", a prop "fat c#*t" etc.

He is a piece of crap that should be banned for life but there are times that I believe describing skin colour is not designed to be racist, kind of like Sam Kerr.

As we saw in Sam Kerr's incident the determining factor is what the victim feels, and in this case it was offensive to the victim and therefore anything but a life ban is to lenient. His mates are also epic fuckwits for not pulling him up

It’s not too late to delete this post.

It was 100% a racist attack.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sam Kerr comments came to mind when I heard the allegation. I won’t use one instance to defend the other but I hope everyone hottake on racist rebels man is consistent with whatever opinion you had with Sam Kerr.

I’m actually in awe that people are comparing these two situations.

As I said to liquor box, not too late to delete your post mate.

A drunk, already abusive middle aged white bloke who was sitting in the stands of a rugby game and called a player a black c*nt because he did something mean to his rugby team…is the same as the Sam Kerr situation?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Worth noting those seats are some of the pricier in the stadium, certainly not where me and the rest of the unwashed sit. And in the decade of attending Rebels games at AAMI, not once have I heard shit like that spoken aloud behind the goals.

Old mate should be named, shamed and banned for life from ticketed rugby matches, and his shitheel mates who tacitly supported him should be banned too.

Young mate in Adelaide who ran on the AFL field got a life ban; this incident is far worse.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Mate there's so much to unpack here, so much nuance that you may have missed when linking those two situations. Here's not the time nor place, but you could start with searching for Craig Foster's contributions and reflections on the debate.

Rich old c*nt deserves a public flogging and the attendant reputation wreckage.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What can’t be forgotten is Canham is the real victim here. He had to get 20 stitches in the back of his head due to a disgusting act of cowardice
Of course he is. But he was carded during the game, it likely had a material impact on the result, and a sensible judiciary will come up a minimum of an 8 or 9 week ban. There's not much more you can do unless you're wanting a precedent set for police reports.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
If the gentlemen (I use the term loosely) is found to have racially abused Lomani then he should be banned from attending Rugby matches for life. There is no excuse for it.
However, this in no way excuses Lomani's actions and he should receive at least 10 weeks for the elbow. It is probably the most cowardly hit I have seen on the Rugby field for many a year and an example must be made to say that sort of violence is simply not acceptable.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Lomani should not play again in 2024 and is lucky to avoid criminal charges. Lesser incidents in local level sport have been referred to the police

Genuinely curious, have people actually been criminally charged in Victoria for violence on the footy field?

I’ve seen a bloke run off a bench, king hit a player and then run into some bush land in front of 2000 witnesses and they got like 8 weeks.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Genuinely curious, have people actually been criminally charged in Victoria for violence on the footy field?

I’ve seen a bloke run off a bench, king hit a player and then run into some bush land in front of 2000 witnesses and they got like 8 weeks.
Leigh Matthews was charged when he broke the jaw of Neville Bruns in the '80s.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lomani should not play again in 2024 and is lucky to avoid criminal charges. Lesser incidents in local level sport have been referred to the police
While understanding why you are pissed etc with the act(as am I) I think to say not to play again this year maybe a bit much. I don't have any idea of what he will or should get, but doubt it would be that long.