• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Drua

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Lomani and Koroiduadua appealing or SANZAAR appealing? The context didn't hit me.

Screenshot_20240409-184704.png

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Sam Kerr comments came to mind when I heard the allegation. I won’t use one instance to defend the other but I hope everyone hottake on racist rebels man is consistent with whatever opinion you had with Sam Kerr.

I think this is a poor comparison due to the historical and social contexts surrounding race and power dynamics. While both phrases are derogatory and offensive, "black c#nt" carries with it a legacy of systemic racism and oppression that has historically targeted black individuals. The use of "black" in this context invokes a history of slavery, segregation, and ongoing racial discrimination, amplifying the harm caused by the slur. Additionally, it perpetuates harmful stereotypes and reinforces power imbalances that have marginalized black communities for centuries. On the other hand, while "white bastard" is also derogatory, it lacks the same historical weight and systemic implications. White individuals have not faced the same institutionalized racism and discrimination as black individuals, and as such, the term lacks the same depth of harm and oppression. However, both phrases are unacceptable and contribute to a culture of disrespect and discrimination.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's BS that the penalty is not public, understand the side line distraction happening isn't good but does not mean the outcome should be kept quite.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
That's BS that the penalty is not public, understand the side line distraction happening isn't good but does not mean the outcome should be kept quite.
Yet” being the word you’ve missed.

It sounds like the ban (I assume for Lomani at least) could be quite severe, so they’re understandably wanting to complete the process before a final decision is announced.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yet” being the word you’ve missed.

It sounds like the ban (I assume for Lomani at least) could be quite severe, so they’re understandably wanting to complete the process before a final decision is announced.
No it should be announced once they handed it down

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Is there something in the rule book that says Rebel man must be provided the outcome of the hearing immediately?
I think all fans deserve to hear the outcome as soon as it's none, appeal or not it's never been withheld before that I can remember.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, including all camera angles and additional evidence, including from the player and submissions, the Foul Play Review Committee upheld the Red Card and found the Player to have contravened Law 9.12."

“The entry point for the offence was 10 weeks (assessed as Top-End range for intentional and deliberate physical abuse of striking with an elbow to the back of the victim player’s head and causing injury, where the victim player was in an incredibly vulnerable position with limited ability, if any, to defend himself). The Player was given a discount for entering an early guilty plea (and other relevant mitigating factors), reducing the suspension from 10 weeks to 6 weeks. The Player is therefore suspended up to and including 26 May 2024.”

“In providing the Player the Sanction, the Foul Play Review Committee emphasised that this sort of incident is not tolerated in any form of the game.”

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, including all camera angles and additional evidence, including from the player and submissions, the Foul Play Review Committee upheld the Red Card and found the Player to have contravened Law 9.12."

“The entry point for the offence was 10 weeks (assessed as Top-End range for intentional and deliberate physical abuse of striking with an elbow to the back of the victim player’s head and causing injury, where the victim player was in an incredibly vulnerable position with limited ability, if any, to defend himself). The Player was given a discount for entering an early guilty plea (and other relevant mitigating factors), reducing the suspension from 10 weeks to 6 weeks. The Player is therefore suspended up to and including 26 May 2024.”

“In providing the Player the Sanction, the Foul Play Review Committee emphasised that this sort of incident is not tolerated in any form of the game.”
That is weak as piss from SANZAR

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think that's fair no. His season is done.
It's about where I expected Lomani's to land, though maybe a bit light.

Koroiduadua is the surprising one for me, striking with the head has an entry point of 6 weeks and there was clear intent there. I guess it's the same ban as Swain's, though I thought there was a fair bit more force behind this one, even if it didn't connect so well.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I would have hoped Lomani's ban was 10 down to 8, not 10 down to 6, and am as such disappointed but I had no expectation of the entry point being higher.

Koroiduadua is whatever. It was picked up at the time, it's on his record, the impact of the headbutt was minimal, even if I preferred 6.