• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force - Round 5 - Super Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
in and around there - the kingston on highett in richmond (think they have foxtel) has good food.
The Mountain view definitely has foxtel and about 20 tvs so you could probably watch both games.
The spread eagle i think has ftel as well and a good feed.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Hey guys, am in Melbourne for the week, was hoping to go to the Rebels match tonight, staying in East Melbourne, however my son who's with the Storm league club and celebrating his 18th birthday, prefers a good meal at a pub and watching his beloved NRL on TV there...

So anyone in the Rebel Army can suggest a venue to watch both the Super Rugby and NRL with good grub please?

Get to Turf Bar on the corner of Queen and Bourke Streets in the city. They take care of the Rebels fans.

Proud Pig

Charlie Fox (21)
I think Kingi at FB is a good idea because the Force are probably most susceptible to a side which counter attacks.
Gerrard is a great kick and would play a good solid defensive full back role bur Kingi gives us an elusive runner in Beales absence.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Hey guys, am in Melbourne for the week, was hoping to go to the Rebels match tonight, staying in East Melbourne, however my son who's with the Storm league club and celebrating his 18th birthday, prefers a good meal at a pub and watching his beloved NRL on TV there...

So anyone in the Rebel Army can suggest a venue to watch both the Super Rugby and NRL with good grub please?

Both NRL and Rugby AND good food? :confused:

I actually don't know that many places that really show the NRL in Melbourne, which could be more indicative of the venues I frequent, but in my experience it's normally on a small screen off in a corner somewhere if it is on.

Also, while it is not the height of fine cuisine, if you're going to get a pub meal in Melbourne, I really suggest you should get a parmagiana, or at least your son should. I am informed that they are not nearly as common in Sydney as they are down here (where they are by and large the most common/default pub meal).

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I think with Phibbs back at 9 the rebel backline wont be getting the same speed of service as last week - force backrow to give em heaps - force by 6

L

Lah

Also during Friday night's match with Melbourne Rebels vs Western Force you'll be able to hang out with Drew Mitchell and Quade Cooper in a live game hangout within the PlayUp App where they will provide live banter and insights play-by-play as it happens. It's free and to download the app go to http://itunes.playup.com/rugby

M

Moono75

Looks like a bit of we weather is on the cards which should play into the hands of the Force pack and back row. Will JOCs hair be OK if it rains?
I want to see the Force win this one and win big with a bonus point.
Work exit strategy is in place and will be activated for an early Friday departure. Check.
Some tough decisions to be made.....what pub and what beer is good for Force v Rebels this arvo....hmmmm. GO the Force!

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Looks like a bit of we weather is on the cards which should play into the hands of the Force pack and back row. Will JOCs hair be OK if it rains?

I want to see the Force win this one and win big with a bonus point.
Work exit strategy is in place and will be activated for an early Friday departure. Check.
Some tough decisions to be made.....what pub and what beer is good for Force v Rebels this arvo....hmmmm. GO the Force!

Rain won't be an advantage for either team, I don't think, and if it rains it certainly won't be a 5-pointer.

But yeah, I work across the road from AAMI, and it looks like pissing down.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I reckon the rebels will blow this lead. The rebels scrum is shocking. Their injury toll in the back is not great either with Beale, cipriani, mortlock and oconnor on the bench. What the?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Why would James Stannard think it would be a good idea to get in a kicking duel with Mark Gerrard and Julian Huxley?

Good game, enjoyable to watch, but those few stupid things at the end were very frustrating. Mafi needs to grow up and stop giving away stupid penalties. He did it a bit last year but was starting to look like he might have left it behind.

Anyway, 1 main thing comes out of that for me, Force need to play smart and at 100% or even teams with every star injured will put them to sword.

Charlemagne

Frank Nicholson (4)
Very disappointed in the Force dominated in the scrum and the ruck but kicked away all their possession, I think they need to realize that James Stannard is an impact 10 and does not have the experience to run the backline, would be interesting to see how Harvey goes at 10?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hs4eyo

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Gotta hand it to the Rebs, big time.

1.5 yr old team with all its backline stars out and Cips off as well and an ex NSW premier grade coach defeats a 7 yr old team with a far more experienced coach and with its two stars well and truly in.

And an indirect double humiliation for the Tahs; just one week on, the Rebs nailed what they could not.

The signs were there Rebs vs the Reds.

Very commendable, the pieces are coming into place gradually for the Rebels. It's the top two inches that are really growing.

Looking forward now.

M

Moono75

No offense to the Rebels but two of those tries were garbage and shouldn't have been scored. Force again shoot themselves in the foot having to come back from a big margin. Got in front and still give up the win with Rebs playing for penalties. You gotta ask the question, Beale out, O'Connor out, Cips injured in first half. The game is there to take but frustratingly....so fucking frustratingly we still find a way to loose. The Rebels were an inferior team there for the taking. Force dominated in the scrum.....just fucking gutted again. Same old attitude good gutsy win and then give it up the next week for what should have been a soft win.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
No offense to the Rebels but two of those tries were garbage and shouldn't have been scored. Force again shoot themselves in the foot having to come back from a big margin. Got in front and still give up the win with Rebs playing for penalties. You gotta ask the question, Beale out, O'Connor out, Cips injured in first half. The game is there to take but frustratingly....so fucking frustratingly we still find a way to loose. The Rebels were an inferior team there for the taking. Force dominated in the scrum.....just fucking gutted again. Same old attitude good gutsy win and then give it up the next week for what should have been a soft win.

one eyed much?

Status
Not open for further replies.