• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I know it's still another year away, but with the appointments made so far and the talk of who is on the hit-list I am already thinking the Rebels will not only beat the Reds in 2011 but will finish higher than them on the table.

And, I think I like it.

C

chief

Mate, it probably will happen. But to create a thread about it 13 + months in advanced probably wasn't the wisest option.

R

rugbywhisperer

chief said:
Mate, it probably will happen. But to create a thread about it 13 + months in advanced probably wasn't the wisest option.

Come on Chief, you already have your shopping list of this coming years schoolboys who should make the trek south.

C

chief

rugbywhisperer said:
chief said:

Come on Chief, you already have your shopping list of this coming years schoolboys who should make the trek south.

Sadly only a few seem to be worthy of a Super 14 contract.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well,.. there's more than a few of us with some premature specualtion going on then?

What I was trying to get at was the rivalries between NSW and Qld/Vic.. and how the support would pan out from Tahs supporters when the Rebels played the Reds.

If it was the Reds of old (Croft, Cordingly, Roe) I'd be backing them but now they're a bunch of tossers and kids I don't know and I find myself in the strange position of supporting anything to do with Victoria.. A First i can assure you.

I may even like to see the Rebels give it to the Force, but that's probably less likely.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
If they play in navy and white hoops, I'm 100% behind them. If they invent their own proprietary colour and design their jersey to look like nightclub wear, they can get stuffed.

G

Geronimo

eddo said:
I know it's still another year away, but with the appointments made so far and the talk of who is on the hit-list I am already thinking the Rebels will not only beat the Reds in 2011 but will finish higher than them on the table.

And, I think I like it.

Obviously not a true Reds supporter!!!! See ya

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I used to be keen on any team beating QLD, but since they become a basket case I found myself in the unfortunate position of not wanting them to lose. Link should fix that though.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Scarfman said:
If they play in navy and white hoops, I'm 100% behind them. If they invent their own proprietary colour and design their jersey to look like nightclub wear, they can get stuffed.

That's quite true scarfy.. though we can't have them look like Auckland.. Even though the S14 variety has left the hoops a long time ago.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Scarfman said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. S14 teams just don't roll that way.

A blue/white hoop chest like Auckland Air NZ cup wouldn't be bad. More realistically a Victory style jersey with a Victorian V on it is probably more likely on the cards. I wouldnt mind that.

I'm just worried about the jersey they will whip out for away games against Bulls/Blues and the like. Hopefully it's not grey and drab like the Hurricans one.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Given it is now "Melbourne" and not Victoria.. I wouldn't be surprised to see them prance about in Stade Francais style jerseys. I can see the fashion gurus lining up to say the new jersey could be a marketing tool for the superior fashion sense blah blah blah.

I can see john connolly stepping in on that one.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yes, but Melbourne Victory is the same and they still play in Victorian colours.

I wouldnt imagine they'd do that, it wouldn't work with Australian culture like French Culture.

T

TOCC

arent victorian colors blue?

dont we have enough blue teams in the super14 already...

Auckland Blues
Waratahs
Force
Blue Bulls

C

chief

Wouldn't surprise me if they go for a more purple colour, with white on it. Similar to Perth Glory's jersey or whatever they call it in Soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.