• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, 27 June @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
OK, let's make it real simple here:
  • It's the last Rebels home game for the year.
  • Last game at Home for Jon Snow And Woody. Probably others, but we don't know who they are yet.
  • The loser of this match will most likely end up earning the wooden spoon for the skippy conference. No one wants that, unless you like cooking (i'm fairly average, I can burn water).
  • It's against the Reds and we want to beat them again this year.
  • Ed ODonoghue could play and the AAMI park faithful want to give him a very special welcome. Don't we?
  • The Reds don't have Genia or Quade. They are vulnerable, and this is the perfect time to strike
  • Unless the injury report due tomorrow hates me, we are currently injury free. And we will be getting back a heap of rep players
  • Rebels have finally seen the light and want to fill AAMI park, hopefully to put the muppets over at Etihad Stadium to shame. $10 GA tickets for all that enter the magic code at Ticketek. Get your mates, your mates's mates, strangers, the hot girl from the office you've always wanted to take to live sport, the rowdy bloke at the pub who could be a potential Rugby fan. ANYBODY!! IT’s $10 FFS, CHEAPEST LIVE SPORT IN MELBOURNE THAT NIGHT
  • I’ll be there in full Lager cheer, probably with a few extra mates (like I said, $10 tickets eh?). Hell if we win you might even get a free Lager hug from me.
Rebels by 15. Then, we march to Saffa land.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wish I could go. The ladies I was at the game with on Saturday reckon the Mexican crowd is bonkers.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds will still be putting out a solid lineup even without Genia & Cooper. Lachie Turner played half a game for Easts on the weekend so he should be right to come back into the side. I'm sure the Reds would rather finish with a 7 & 9 record than 4 & 12 with a spoon.

They'll be fired up to avenge their controversial loss last time out and blokes around the fringes of the Wallabies squad like Chibba will be looking to make a good impression.

Reds by 6.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Nothing like a live audition to spice things up!

I'd love a resounding win for the Rebels but will settle for a quality rugby game after the Wallabies snore-fest last week.

T

Train Without a Station

Nah that sounds shit Tex.

A resounding win by the Reds to show that there is still some strength in Australian rugby heartland. It's best for the game mate, you know it.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
.....or even better let us have our mexican heartland moment and let us win. We need the hearts and minds more than you do right now to build the base. Have your heartland moment when you beat the 'Tahs at home in a few weeks time.

D

daz

In all seriousness, it is our last home game. It has been a bugger of a year results-wise but I defy anyone to say it was through a lack of effort.

The boys have busted a gut for us this year and they need us.

Let's send 'em off for the year in good cheer, the way the Rebels family deserve.

I luvs you all.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Now there's a connection I would not have made if I thought about it for a hundred years.

Now?

hugh pyle jon snow.png

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought NSW were the south. Victoria is like Mexico

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.