• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, Sat 13 May @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Fuck there are a lot of depressing people in this forum- that was an entertaining game of football. Both teams played with attacking intent and there was passion involved- one of the better Aussie derbies this year.

They are "depressing" because sadly, in 2017, the only way an Australian Super Rugby team can expect to secure a win, is when they play another Australian Super Rugby team!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I enjoyed the game.

The most negative aspect of it for me was the poor discipline. The really silly penalties (particularly by the Reds) were generally unnecessary and should be a simple thing to remove.

Apart from the terrible kick that resulted in a Reds try, Korobeite is playing pretty well. He has great hands and is very elusive.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I enjoyed the game.

The most negative aspect of it for me was the poor discipline. The really silly penalties (particularly by the Reds) were generally unnecessary and should be a simple thing to remove.

Apart from the terrible kick that resulted in a Reds try, Korobeite is playing pretty well. He has great hands and is very elusive.

Still think Nabuli was the pick of the wingers from this game.

Reactions: dru

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
A win is a win

It was a frustrating (at times) but exciting game particularly because the Reds won.

Can anyone else take place kicks ???

Smith was great but really cops a bit from the Ref. Higgers was terrific.

Reactions: dru

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
BH
You are probably right.

Love players getting turnovers. But the real assessment of a player (in that respect) is the NET effect. - ie how many turnovers won when compared to how many penalties conceded.

Latu is another classic example - gets plenty and gives away some as well

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
BH
You are probably right.

Love players getting turnovers. But the real assessment of a player (in that respect) is the NET effect. - ie how many turnovers won when compared to how many penalties conceded.

Latu is another classic example - gets plenty and gives away some as well

The thing was that a couple of Smith's penalties weren't even for poor timing trying to win a turnover. They were just for dumb things like running through offside when it was clear that the ball wasn't out etc.

I remember one he gave away trying to win a turnover where he was pretty blatantly in at the side but generally the penalties were for other things.

Latu has been better this season because he's got rid of the thuggery from his game. He's given away a few breakdown penalties (but also won plenty of turnovers) but the big improvement has been reducing the boneheaded penalties.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
The thing was that a couple of Smith's penalties weren't even for poor timing trying to win a turnover. They were just for dumb things like running through offside when it was clear that the ball wasn't out etc.

I remember one he gave away trying to win a turnover where he was pretty blatantly in at the side but generally the penalties were for other things.

Latu has been better this season because he's got rid of the thuggery from his game. He's given away a few breakdown penalties (but also won plenty of turnovers) but the big improvement has been reducing the boneheaded penalties.
He gave away 3 penalties in the space of 2 minutes across half time. Two for blantant ruck offended and one for offside in the backline right in front of the posts.

The Reds scored from the maul at about 38:00 to go 17:6 up. By 42:00 it was 17:12 almost directly because of Smith.

The sort of play a guy in his first season would be ashamed about let alone a great of the game

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.