• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

REBELS v STORMERS RD 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have heard the ref warn Quade once when we were up by 1 in the 80th minute with a penalty about 45 out. Before Quade kicked it the ref warned him that he was obliged to have a genuine attempt at goal. Ie can't just kick it out to end the game and must actually go for the posts and risk hitting them - which he did.

The rules state that you can't place kick for touch. But rule 21.4(e) states: The kicker is free to kick the ball in any direction and may play the ball again. Be interested to see where it states that a "genuine attempt" is required, as that's a fairly subjective statement.

madflyhalf

Stan Wickham (3)
Sorry, scrum to the Stormers IMO.

21.4(b)

Don't have english version as I'm Italian, it's written something like "actual attempt to goal"

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The rules state that you can't place kick for touch. But rule 21.4(e) states: The kicker is free to kick the ball in any direction and may play the ball again. Be interested to see where it states that a "genuine attempt" is required, as that's a fairly subjective statement.
Extremely subjective. It may fall under the, "playing in the spirit of the game" bit.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)

21.5 Scoring a goal from a penalty kick
(b)If the kicker indicates to the referee the intention to kick at goal, the kicker must kick at goal. Once the kicker has made the intention clear, there can be no change of the intention. The referee may enquire of the kicker as to the intention.
Sanction: Unless otherwise stated in Law any infringement by the kicker’s team results in a scrum at the mark. The opposing team throws in the ball.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Stirzaker hooked and judging by the comments from Hill it seems clear who the leader of the Philips fanclub is.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hill commented about a lack of direction from the halves. Think he hooked the wrong one.

Completely agree. Stirzakers play in the first half: crisp passing directly to the 1st receiver, good kicking for field position on turnover ball and a couple of sniping runs that didn't come off. Definitely not worthy of being hooked.

Interested party

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is Damien Hill kidding? He has favoured his ex Sydney Uni half over the better Stirzaker! Hope they can hold on as I put a bet on the Rebels because Stirzaker was finally getting a deserved start!!!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fuck me the stormers are an abomination in attack.

Bash bash bash. Easy to defend really. Make the tackles for 5 or 6 phases and they are guaranteed to fuck it up.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The ref is allowing players from both sides to flop over the rucks and just lie there slowing ball down both ways.

Really poor.

Tackennut

Bob McCowan (2)
What's the score? I'm in Dallas on my way to v8's and trying to work out what's happening in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.