• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs Round 2 - 2012R02 - Dunlop Shield III

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

I'm next to AAMI park at the moment and there is brilliant sunshine

I'm about 30kms away right now and it's really not like that at all. Actually, rather the opposite. Let's see what happy medium we get for the game!

:D

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sommerville is/was a much better scrummager than Weeks, though. He was the cornerstone of the Rebels scrum. To me, the big discrepancy in the pack is the front and second rows. I don't think Byrnes is of starting Super XV quality.

Lipman is about the age where an openside should be detoriating as well. The fact he's already out injured is not a good sign. To be honest, I don't particularly rate either starting openside in the game highly.

T

tranquility

I am just hoping the blokes are going to be committed and do their part in the middle of the field and the set piece. Cipriani and Gerard are probably better kickers than Halangahu and Foley, so if they get some sort of parity at they ruck they can probably win the kicking game. Then who knows from there.

Tahs are hot favourites and deservedly so, I just hope the Rebels can make a damn good contest of it. Also Saffy off the bench late to add some legs to the pack.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Heading off now, time for sneaky couple of beverages before the match. I'll just remind everyone that the Tahs really should win by at least 25, and that anything less will be both humiliating and an indication that maybe they don't have the bestest, greatest, most awesomest pack ever assembled ever.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
He still is acting like a pig, started another push and shove.

The game is fairly even right now, Inman has looked good in attack and defense.

I know he is but he's not letting any of the stuff that's been going on change his stripes so to speak. I'm just appreciating him sticking by his guns - whether I really agree with his behaviour or not. The sledging of Tom Carter has a thread already, people should use it - as for me, my comments on him were positive.

In the meantime Sarel makes a great run there.

Reactions: BPC

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If I were Gareth Delve I would be definatly having a word to Bryce Lawrence about the NSW players holding back and pulling in players at the breakdown

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another try to Carter and an accusation of an eye gouge by Carter against the Rebels.

That will be interesting in the post match.

Status
Not open for further replies.