• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Kings Super Rugby R9 - Saturday April 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Congratulations to Mitch Inman and Angus Roberts for scoring their first Super Rugby tries last night. It has been a long wait for Inman last night was his 39th Super Rugby game. Well deserved, Inman has been one of, if not our best player this year.

T

tranquility

I saw Adam Frier in the lift after the game. There was only about 5 of us in the lift, and he was clearly deflated. In his own words, he said that if having a draw was like kissing your sister, than losing in that matter was like *&^%$^^&*^^ her. Ha ha.
There was an older bloke in there who said, "cmon mate, not in front of a woman."

D

daz

Just as an aside, Nic Henderson walked the fenceline after the game and I swear he spoke to every Rebels supporter who hung around after the game. He basically thanked everyone for coming out and apologised for letting us down.

After such a gutting loss, it was kind of good to see the boys self-flaggelate themselves a bit. It showed that they care.

Anyway, I appreciated Nic's words and thought it was a nice gesture on his behalf. Classy.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^It is stuff like that that gets you to open your wallet for memberships, merch and tickets.

Punching out bouncers and team captains has the opposite effect.

sammy3191

Bob McCowan (2)
I guess at the end of the day it is only a game and given what has happened in Boston this morning puts things into perspective.

As a New Zealander living in Melbourne I'm stoked that we have a rugby team in the city and that we get to see the best players in the world play rugby live. I'll be renewing my membership next year and the year after that and so on and I'm sure with the right guidance we'll be closing out games like the one on the weekend and this will all be a distant memory.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Sammy, I feel the same as you. I waited long enough for a team, I have also shelled out Platinum every year and feel a bit let down by the game. But, they are our team and I will continue to support them.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i am as frustrated as any at the loss, but it was an entertaining game. i will renew year in year out as long as it is entertaining top flight rugby. heck - you can always cheer for the other team!
the losses certainly won't stop me from going to rugby. if there was another rugby option in town - maybe after years of losses you could see people shifting to the second team. but that won't happen and for the time being, in the coming weeks i get to see the Chiefs, Stormers, Waratahs and Highlanders (read cruden, kahui, messam, cane, habana, de villiers, bekker, nonu, smith, folau, mitchell etc. )

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sammy, I feel the same as you. I waited long enough for a team, I have also shelled out Platinum every year and feel a bit let down by the game. But, they are our team and I will continue to support them.

I'm the same mate. Give me a badly performing team over no team every single day of the week.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm the same mate. Give me a badly performing team over no team every single day of the week.

And hopefully with continued support the team will improve as time goes by. Regardless of results I still positive aspects of the two new 'junior' sides in Australia. And I don't mind watching them play either!!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
And hopefully with continued support the team will improve as time goes by. Regardless of results I still positive aspects of the two new 'junior' sides in Australia. And I don't mind watching them play either!!

Yeah. The thing about the Rebels is they are actually trying to play nice rugby.

They don't kick often and they try to run it. Now they fail at it, but at least they're not content to play a dour game even though they'd probably squeeze 1 or 2 more wins out of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.