• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheTruth

Does anyone know when Hynes is back?

Nah but IMO he's going to have trouble getting back in - Link seems to be experimenting at 15 - Lucas-OK, Harris - nah, Morahan - has a great opportunity to make 15 his own if he plays well - we'll see this week

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well here we are just short of the halfway mark of the season and the Reds are No.1 on the table. How many years has it been since we've seen that?

Although the Crusaders look to be in ominous form, even playing without Carter and McCaw, the Reds look well on track to make the semis for the first time since 2001.

The remaining home games are all crackers too - Bulls, Tahs, Blues, Crusaders and Brumbies. Those 3 game memberships should sell very well this week.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I like the remainder of the draw for the Reds too. They are all games we can win. If we can manage a few more bonus points and maybe drop one game (not the Tah's) then we will be in a great position. Saders game will be huge as if we win that then the confidence will be really high.

Think I might head out to the Bulls game next weekend.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I like the remainder of the draw for the Reds too. They are all games we can win. If we can manage a few more bonus points and maybe drop one game (not the Tah's) then we will be in a great position. Saders game will be huge as if we win that then the confidence will be really high.

Think I might head out to the Bulls game next weekend.
Even if we lose to the crusaders we need to remember that so did the waratahs. If we can beat the tahs then they will also have to win 2 games in South Africa to have a shot at overtaking us.

It is looking very good at this stage. If we can beat the Bulls, get within 7 of the crusaders and beat the tahs then I will be over the moon.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Even if we lose to the crusaders we need to remember that so did the waratahs. If we can beat the tahs then they will also have to win 2 games in South Africa to have a shot at overtaking us.

It is looking very good at this stage. If we can beat the Bulls, get within 7 of the crusaders and beat the tahs then I will be over the moon.

The Tahs have the Bulls and the Sharks in SA. That makes for a way-tougher program than the Lions and Stormers because by the time we get to SA those two teams will be fighting like crazy to make the semis and a loss by either to the Tahs will probably end their season.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Unfortunately I'm in Melbourne this coming weekend so miss the Reds vs Bulls game. Pretty devo about as the game last year at Suncorp was probably the match of the season. Anyone who was there will agree with me.

That's okay, come on down to AAMI park and enjoy the atmosphere there. :D

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Unfortunately I'm in Melbourne this coming weekend so miss the Reds vs Bulls game. Pretty devo about as the game last year at Suncorp was probably the match of the season. Anyone who was there will agree with me.

My friends bailed on me that night so I ended up watching it in a bar by myself. Still haven't forgiven them.

T

TheTruth

after Morahans performance against the Stormers Ben Lucas won't be feeling the love

red army

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeh i think lucas will move back to the bench and it will be interesting to see if link does go back to the 4-3 bench or stick with 5-2.

However i did notice that in defence QC (Quade Cooper) dropped back and they defended harris, Fainga'a and ioane in the 10,12,13 channel and morahan on the wing. So if harris gets relegated to the bench to maybe start ioane or chambers at 13 then he may have to pick lucas at 15 just so he defends at 10. Its a real shame that QC (Quade Cooper) cant tackle or even attempt to get better because morahan and even maybe toua provide a better attacking option at 15 then lucas does. I still do believe morahan is more a winger but he did a fine job against the stormers.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I have always liked a 5:2 split especially if you want to play a forward dominance game. It will work very well if you have good utilities to cover the bench spots such as Hynes (11,13,15) and Lucas (9,10,14,15) and you have a forward or two who can in case of injury play in the backline like Higginbum, Samo and Robinson.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
One game at a time has to be the focus. If we get ahead of ouselves the wheels may fall off. If we go one game at a time the rest will sort itself out. That needs to be the focus me thinks.

U

Utility Back

One game at a time has to be the focus. If we get ahead of ouselves the wheels may fall off. If we go one game at a time the rest will sort itself out. That needs to be the focus me thinks.

For the reds team yes.
We the forumers, have no effect on the next game really (unless quade and ewen are reading right now) so we can get ahead of oursleve all we want! :D Just need to be mindful that large fall off the perch will/could hurt so, so much.

Still i cant wait for that tickertape parade through brisbane city... :p

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

I am very keen to get a copy of the Bulls v Reds game from last year, if anyone has a copy and wants to sell a copy to me I would really appreciate it.

The game was that good that if I ever have kids and they start thinking that league is a good game I will pull out the DVD and fix them up for life. It is the best game I have ever seen!

T

TOCC

I am very keen to get a copy of the Bulls v Reds game from last year, if anyone has a copy and wants to sell a copy to me I would really appreciate it.

The game was that good that if I ever have kids and they start thinking that league is a good game I will pull out the DVD and fix them up for life. It is the best game I have ever seen!

cough, there are certain places to acquire such things on the internet.. cough cough

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
liquor box

I have the game archived on an external hard drive and would be willing to send you a DVD FOC provided I can work out how to burn it, which I have never had occasion to do before.

The quality is reasonable given where it came from as SD, but the burned quality won't be stellar. Let me know if that's OK and I will give it a go tonight.

There may be an alternative source which I will PM you about.

Status
Not open for further replies.