• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I also watched the Cheetahs getting done by the Stormers yesterday (Foxtel recording).
The Stormers were good, but the Cheetahs were woeful - like going back to yester-year.
So the Reds need the Crusaders go down to the Chiefs next Friday (c'mon the Chiefs). Even if the Crusaders get a single bonus point for losing by seven points or less, they will still be two competition points behind us.
Which means if we can toss the Waratahs in the final week, or the Crusaders lose to the Hurricanes, who can beat any team on their day, we host a quarter final!
Probably against the Crusaders.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Just so I'm clear in my head. We're in the finals no matter what happens?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes the Crusaders are the only team that can take 4th position off us.
By my calculations (which may be wrong), so could the Cheetahs? Assuming the Reds lose to the Tahs and the Cheetahs win their last game against the Blues this weekend. They still have 4 points to come from their second Bye (in the last round) which basically gives them 50pts right now. If they beat the Blues, they could finish on 54 or 55 with bonus point? As well as 10 wins.

But in response to Sully's post, I can't see any way that the Reds can finish lower than 6th. If the above scenarios play out, there will be no home semi final for a 6th place finish this year! ;)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
No way the Reds could beat the Saders in ChCh --- they were totally invincible last night.

In fact I doubt that the Wobbs could beat them there.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No way the Reds could beat the Saders in ChCh --- they were totally invincible last night.

In fact I doubt that the Wobbs could beat them there.

You might be right but the Reds have a record of standing up to a challenge. In the last few years they have been one of the sides to trouble the Saders the most. I would love for these sides to meet regardless of venue.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
You might be right but the Reds have a record of standing up to a challenge. In the last few years they have been one of the sides to trouble the Saders the most. I would love for these sides to meet regardless of venue.

If anyone could do it, it would be the Reds. I am worried we will be short of a run.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Well except for the last time we played them any way!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Was with a couple of the Reds boys on Saturday and they were talking about how awesome the Crusaders played on Friday night. They actually sounded a little excited that they would play them in the finals. They really enjoy the challenge of playing the best teams.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know what the story is with Chibba Hanson being out this weekend? I'm guessing it's an injury, but haven't seen anything in the papers.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
To me the Reds are the Crusader's kryptonite. They almost rolled the Crusaders at home last year and while I agree the Crusaders are looking good, I reckon the Reds have a better chance than most of upsetting their apple cart. I fear no Genia will decide it though.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Peoples choice voting is open.

3. Gill
2. Slipper
1. Quirk

First 2 were real standouts and gave the third spot to Quirk as he was there every game working hard. Shame Cooper was the only back that got a lot of minutes.

T

Tip

3. Slipper
2. Gill
0.5. Quirk
0.5. Shatz

It's people's choice, and my choice is to give Quirk & Shatz halfa each! Slipper was a standout around the park, and really stepped up when given the captaincy. The backrow tired at the end of the season, and as alluded to above, no backs bar Quade played enough footy to get an honorable mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.