• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
With Horwill and AWH back to full fitness I think we'll be covered and McDulling can come off the bench if he's not playing 6.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I was wondering if Horwill would be match-fit by then..even with a couple of trials.

He should be as match fit as anybody else. Players coming back from the EOYT will be given time off and then have limited preparation time with there S15 sides. Horwill was a chance at making EOYT so must be close to ready for training. With a bigger pre-season than he has had the last few years i'm expecting him fit and fired up.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
With Simmons' suspension, it looks like he'll probably miss the first 2 matches for the Reds next year.. versus the Brumbies and Waratahs.

Did I miss something? He only got 8 weeks didn't he (that sounds wrong saying he 'only' got 8 weeks lol)? That would have him back mid January wouldn't it? Say Jan 10ish?

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Did I miss something? He only got 8 weeks didn't he (that sounds wrong saying he 'only' got 8 weeks lol)? That would have him back mid January wouldn't it? Say Jan 10ish?

Its 'only' 8 weeks compared to the 14 sentenced before good behavior was taken in.

But also could just be sarcasm.

And its 8 "active" weeks. So I am assuming this counts for the 3 tests left of the tour and 2/3 trial games of the Reds. Which would have him back for Round3 or 4.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Its 'only' 8 weeks compared to the 14 sentenced before good behavior was taken in.

But also could just be sarcasm.

And its 8 "active" weeks. So I am assuming this counts for the 3 tests left of the tour and 2/3 trial games of the Reds. Which would have him back for Round3 or 4.

Ah ok I thought 8 weeks was 8 weeks. Man that's a raw deal if he misses some of the Reds games. If the ARU don't appeal the ban can the Reds? ;)

Last question; are active weeks anything like activated almonds? :D

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
The fact that it could have been given 14 weeks is laughable and a joke.

I would imagine mcduling is a big chance of being starting 6 this year.....so i would imagine a starting pairing of AWH and Horwill with Samo, Quirk and Enever on the bench to cover

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The fact that it could have been given 14 weeks is laughable and a joke.

I would imagine mcduling is a big chance of being starting 6 this year...so i would imagine a starting pairing of AWH and Horwill with Samo, Quirk and Enever on the bench to cover

I really don't think McDuling will command a starting spot straight up. I would see it unfolding in a similar way to Liam Gills Super Rugby career. Game time from the bench and a few starts here and there for a season. Depending on injuries and match tactics.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Apparently he was very much on the radar last year to be on the bench and start but obviously injury prevented this. I dont think its to big of long shot but i suppose he will be needed more at lock now anyway now that simmons is out and quirk & Robinson beign available

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Beau Robinson could be back to full fitness next year and could command a start at 6 as well.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I see Radike having a massive year as a super sub or 50 minute player. Imposing forward pack if we have Horwill, AWH, McDuling & Radike on the field at the same time.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
With Simmons' suspension, it looks like he'll probably miss the first 2 matches for the Reds next year.. versus the Brumbies and Waratahs.
surely this can be fixed up, just register him for a few clubs around the world or for club rugby in NZ or SA and let him serve his suspension in other games.

On the news they mentioned a number of games, not weeks. Is this correct?
Just select him in various teams as if he was going to play 3 games in a week

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Huh? Are you for serial? You talking crazy talk!

Schatz does whats iexpected but never exceeds that point. He will really need to step up this year to cover the loss of higgnbotham but in saying this he is only 22 however i am really questioning his offensive nous.

Quirk will need to stand up and be accounted for as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.