• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I would think Lucas would try and head overseas and make some coin? He'd be in his late twenties and so far out of Wallaby contention and at the Reds his role as a utility prevents him from getting any solid minutes in one position as we have better players (when fit) to fill them. I personally think hes a few years past it anyway and has been one of the blokes on a decline since 2011.

Benny is only 26yrs old, feels like he's been around forever.

He's the type of bloke you need in the squad. Valuable utility who plugs holes with injury.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
He's the type of bloke you need in the squad. Valuable utility who plugs holes with injury.

I don't question that he can plug holes with injury but is he really still valuable? Most of the backs the Reds have are able to fill multiple positions and his original position as backup 9 has been filled by Frisby in recent years. I just think he needs to move on.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think Lucas has played better at 15 this season when given the chance than anywhere else. Would like to see him stay but can understand if he goes.

Rumours are flying with regards to who is going & who is staying....

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The SANZAR lottery real must be completely overhauled. I hate to suggest a sacrilege but they really need to take a leaf out of the NRL judicial book and prescribe offences. This guessing game and blatantly arbitrary rulings is just demeaning the Laws of the game.

T

tranquility

The SANZAR lottery real must be completely overhauled. I hate to suggest a sacrilege but they really need to take a leaf out of the NRL judicial book and prescribe offences. This guessing game and blatantly arbitrary rulings is just demeaning the Laws of the game.

What do you want penalised harsher might I ask?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What do you want penalised harsher might I ask?

How about some consistency in all rulings and penalties. If this is the level we set a first offence for publicly criticising referee decisions, so be it. I would expect all future incidents to get the same, but we have all referred to the SANZAR Lottery with derision for a reason, and that is not healthy. I would like to see the penalties prescribed to remove the ambiguity and allegations of stack/biased hearing between the different SANZAR partners. Under the proposed Frankenstein's monster that will be S18 this situation will be worse.

Try not to get too caught up in a fervour of defending Qld's favourite son from perceived attack.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
What other fines have been issued for similar offences?

Hard to judge if Big Kev got off or got shafted without knowing what other fines have been issued.

One would hope that an experienced Judicial Officer would take those into account when determining sanctions.

$2.5k would make me think twice about opening my gob, but if that is deemed to be somewhat lenient, I reckon the next time he fronts judiciary, they will throw the book at him.

T

Train Without a Station

I don't think it's lenient, nor harsh. Has no history of this sort of thing, but stepped out of line. A significant amount for anybody, but he hasn't been hung on the cross for a first offence in a decade.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
According to Hugh's article on the front page this morning, Players speaking their mind should be worth bonus points in the NRC.

Maybe Kev's just ahead of the pack..

4. A bonus point is awarded for the most honest post-game press conference

Speaking of predictablity, how about coaches and captains at the post-match presser. No-one cares anymore, as it is just a procession of bland pleasantries, banal cliches and the occasional mild gripe about the ref. Well here is a way to stop that- give out a competition bonus point each week for the team that gives the most ‘honest’ presser. With so much on the line we might actually start hearing what coaches really think, and it would give the attending journos a chance to ask a few juicier questions to see how far he will go for that bonus point.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom